Head of Marketing
Posted on Jan 7, 2021 by Strengthscope
London, United Kingdom
Design & Creative
£58k - £58k Annual
Level: Senior | Department: Marketing | Location: London | Salary: £58,000 - 63,000 per annum, based on experience | Reports to: Managing Director
Back in the mid-noughties, we kept on seeing the same problem pretty much every day: people + work sometimes = ?/misery/unhappiness/lack of fulfilment. We knew that being fulfilled wasn't this unattainable dream, we knew it was within everyone's reach, but we needed a way to show them that the journey to that point came from within. So, after a lot of research (and caffeine), in 2006 Strengthscope® was built - a system to help people find and communicate their strengths to themselves and others to bring more of themselves to work and to life.
Our mission is to reveal the unique strengths of people across the world, enabling them to bring their most authentic and inspired selves to work and to life, every day.
Strengthscope is actively seeking to maintain and increase the diversity of our Management Team and encourage candidates to apply if they meet even some of the criteria below.
Our goal is to make Strengthscope® stratospheric, to make it the go-to tool for the entire population of working people (that's around 4bn people). To help us achieve this, we're looking for a Head of Marketing to lead our Marketing department with the primary purpose of generating great leads and raising our brand awareness. As Head of Marketing, you'll be accountable for:
• Owning, developing, and delivering the Marketing strategy based on the wider company strategy
• Driving lead generation and lead conversion to deliver profitable sales for the business
• Increasing global brand awareness through a variety of marketing activities
• Setting and managing the marketing budget
• Establishing suitable marketing metrics and analysing marketing activity performance based on these
• Delivering effective digital marketing campaigns that drive lead generation and deliver measurable ROI
• Creating and managing digital assets, including brochure, training materials/tools, flyers, graphics, diagrams
• Managing all social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube)
• Managing internal and external Marketing teams, including Marketing Executive, website design and management team, graphic designer, SEO specialist, ad-hoc agencies, and suppliers (e.g., filming/video recording crew)
• Owning and managing the Strengthscope® brand and offer across all platforms (website, social media, digital content channels), including outward customer communications, ensuring the Strengthscope® brand book is adhered to
• Carrying out the responsibilities as a member of the Management Team (outlined separately), including reporting of marketing metrics.
We're looking for someone with a real passion for marketing, someone who is creative and commercially-minded! It's also important you:
• Are passionate about helping people have life-changing, light-bulb moments
• Are naturally oriented towards lead generation/sales, rather than design
• Have proven experience of running a marketing department with effective collaboration and ways of working with internal and external stakeholders, including clear communication of monthly priorities, projects in progress and sharing successes/learnings
• Have a good understanding of the training and development industry
• Have experience of digital metrics, including the ability to set department/campaign KPIs
• Have proven experience of working in small, growing companies
• Are able to meet deadlines on a consistent basis
• Have proven experience of marketing automation, WordPress and website management, Adobe Illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop
• Have excellent presentation and communication skills
• Can dot the i's and cross the t's
• Have working knowledge of the Microsoft usual suspects (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
The good bits
Fighting to make the 'everyday blues' a thing of the past, here are some of the good things you'll get when you join Strengthscope in addition to the usual competitive salary, pension plan and 25 days' annual leave:
• 2 days' paid leave per year for charity goodness
• Flexible working
• An extra day off for your birthday
• Perkbox access, including 24/7 GP access and counselling
• Eye care vouchers
• Internal coaching and mentoring opportunities
• Strengths Hero - where we celebrate the most awesome person of the month (nominees then have the chance to win a weekend trip away!)
• Team lunches
• Pay day parties
• StrengthscopeMASTER™ qualification
• Quarterly team days to reflect, plan and celebrate
• Offices on the bustling Southbank, minutes from London Bridge, Southwark, and Waterloo stations
• Sabbatical leave after working for 5 years at Strengthscope for you to just do you.
Does this sound like you? If you meet even some of these criteria, we'd love to hear from you:
Click here to meet the team or search #lifeatstrengthscope on LinkedIn to see life behind the scenes!
Strengthscope is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note that if you are not contacted by our team within 2 weeks, it means that on this occasion your application has not been successful.