Chief Technology Officer, CTO, Fintech, Card/Banking Payments
Posted on Jan 7, 2021 by Proprius Recruitment Ltd
Chief Technology Officer, CTO, payments, Dublin, Ireland
My client is an innovative post-revenue funded FinTech (30 current employees), with EMI FCA license and Pan-European coverage, is searching for a Chief Technical Officer (CTO) to strengthen its ambitious growth plans
Payment transactions, like everything else in this world, are becoming faster and more affordable across wireless and digital platforms. My client believes that financial products of the future must be easy accessible, exceptionally convenient and offer exciting innovative options; All and every transaction should be very simple to meet the changing needs of the 21st century consumer.
My client is building a mobile financial service which will make everyday life and the lives of loved ones much more comfortable. Each employee and every client of the company is the creator of a new financial lifestyle that begins today.
This role is based in Dublin, Ireland, Headquartered in London and the Operations Team is based in Eastern Europe, they strive to address the financial needs of not only the UK, but particularly targeting Europe in its entirety. In this multinational team, there are representatives of different cultures, countries and industries who are all connected by a single goal - building the company, and it's products, into a globally recognised and respected brand.
You will be an experienced CTO from ideally a banking and then FinTech background. This role, has responsibility for the entirety of the Information Technology structure of the company and the successful candidate will understand, and embrace, the importance of the relationship between IT and business.
You will be working on the development and implementation of IT strategy, Information Security Policy, Business Continuity Planning and robust and scalable Infrastructure.
As an innovative company we need to implement intensive innovation IT technology to underpin and support the pace and scale of our business development plans.
The role assumes IT Governance in conjunction with best practice and IT related standards such as Cobit, ITILs that will empower the constant process of development and implementation of new innovation technology and IT related standards in the company.
Cloud technology, infrastructure as a service and innovative development are the constant objectives and standards that the company works within, and towards.
- 5+ years' experience in the management of the IT department of a bank/fintech
- Extensive expertise in card processing environments
- Good understanding, knowledge and experience with banking and budget management
- Exacting personal standards and the ability to guide others around you to meet those standards
- c5 years' knowledge and experience in IT Project Management
- Strong knowledge and experience in the software development process - ideally with experience in the management of developers
- Demonstrable experience in creating and delivering company infrastructure transformation
- Strong knowledge and experience in creating and designing architecture of high load IT systems
- An in-depth understanding of modern software engineering/testing practice, tools and techniques.
- Significant knowledge of best practices for Client Server product architectures, focusing predominantly on cloud-based server development
- Knowledge and understanding of programming or Scripting with a popular modern language
- Programming and optimization design of databases and data storage
- Passionate about simplification and automation, continually looking to improve upon existing processes and procedures to drive efficiencies within technical environments.
- Life-long learner - always looking to stay up to date with the latest IT technology.
- Self-motivated, proactive, driven individual
- Knowledge of AWS platforms
- Experience in performing security vulnerability assessments and familiarity with regulatory standards, such as PCI and GDPR.
- Good understanding of finance regulations of The UK and EC
- Knowledge of accounting/budget management
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, Agile, competitive environment
- Ability to work independently and in group environments