Software Solutions Lead
Posted on Jan 7, 2021 by ITech Consult
Software Solutions Lead
Our client is a wholly owned Irish company established in 1780. The principle activities include the supply and distribution of analytical, laboratory and weighing instruments, whilst also offering a comprehensive after sales service.
They are recruiting a Software Solutions Lead based in Dublin with a requirement to travel countrywide. This is a delivery focused role reporting to the Software Solutions Manager and part of the Software Solutions Team who support and manage Scientific Software. This software enables automatic data handling and control for a range of weighing and analytical equipment in regulated environments such as Pharmaceutical and Chemical sectors.
This new role will hold a senior position within a dynamic and highly motivated team. It is both challenging and exciting and requires an experience individual who has worked within the highly regulated Pharma/BioPharma industry.
* Supporting new and existing customer projects remotely and on-site
* Assist in the installation, implementation and configuration of the wide range of Laboratory and Industrial software products
* Business Analyst experience within the Pharma industry, for example business requirements documentation and functional specification knowledge
* Support and guidance in the pre-sale consultation process
* Customer Support experience - Liaise and troubleshoot with customers to understand their technical issues and support required
* Incident Management - ensure all support tickets are resolved efficiently
* Liaise with external suppliers and vendors to support the resolution of issues
* Providing solutions, updating documentation such as IT policies and best practices, reviewing design specifications, privilege lists and data integrity assessments
* Support and develop the strategic growth of the department
* Support the Software Solution Manager and act in the role as a leader when required
* Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science or related field
* At least 5 years IT systems development and support experience in the Pharma industry
* Strong software and IT infrastructure knowledge and experience
* Strong technical background with aptitude to deal with customers face-to-face
* Experience connecting to third party equipment, such as laboratory and industrial instruments (analytical, microscopy, biotechnology) using Serial, USB and Ethernet connectivity
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 919930FK
Role: Software Solutions Lead
Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Feel free to contact us for further information.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.