Junior Account Specialist
Posted on Jan 7, 2021 by J & C Associates Ltd
We are IT Recruitment Specialists looking for a Junior Account Specialist for one of our clients based in Dublin, Ireland
Position: Junior Account Specialist (Ideally looking for recent Graduates with Degree of Finance or Accounting)
Location: Remote until Aug 2021 then Dublin
Duration: 12 Months Contract initially with possibility of Contract to Permanent
Pay-rate: Max £115per day on PAYE
What you'll Do:
Junior Account Specialist (Ideally looking for recent Graduates with Degree of Finance or Accounting)
- Post and apply multi-currency customer receipts to customer accounts daily, investigate and resolve customer allocation queries in a timely manner.
- Analyze and review E-commerce payments (credit card, PayPal etc.), ensuring payments are automatically applied by the system, investigating and acting on items which remain unapplied.
- Managing a shared mailbox, receiving a wide variety of requests and queries.
- Resolve cash posting issues working cross functionally to resolve any issues.
- Succeed in achieving ambitious close timelines.
- Journal entry preparation.
- Be attentive to detail with an ability to work in an environment where compliance with processes, procedures & SLA's is paramount.
- Investigate any anomalies that occur and follow up to conclusion, considering the opportunity for an overall process improvement going forward.
- Ensure and adhere to a strict control environment within the Accounts Receivable department.
- Document processes and ensure documentation is kept up to date.
- GL, debtor & bank reconciliation preparation.
- Review of aged bank and debtor reconciliations to ensure that reconciling items have been correctly reflected & any outstanding balances are cleared on a timely basis.
What's needed to succeed:
- Educated to third level business qualification not required, but beneficial.
- Advanced MS Excel ability.
- Previous experience with accounting entries a plus.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work in an organized manner.
- The energy, passion and drive to make it happen.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and adapt to changing priorities.
- Initiative to work independently, as well as a key team member in a very collaborative team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.