Splunk SRE/System Engineer
Posted on Jan 7, 2021 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Splunk SRE/System Engineer vacancy for a globally operating Zurich based company in the financial sector.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or any other relevant field
- 3+ years of work experience in administrating and troubleshooting Splunk distributed environments and clusters, experience working with Threat detection solutions or MSSP is preferred
- 3+ years of practice in analysing and interpreting log sources including web proxies, Firewalls, Windows, Linux, Sysmon and EDR
- Capability of Linux administration, Bash scripts, packaging via RPM and troubleshooting along with a good understanding of ITSM including ITIL and ServiceNow
- Knowledge of at least one programming language, preferably Python or Java as well as any certification in administration of Splunk, Windows, Linux or security is an asset
- Familiarity with TCP/IP stack and general network knowledge paired with experience working within a DevOps/SRE team and applying Agile methodology
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
- Maintaining, observing and enhancing the Splunk environment reliability and quality of service
- Creating and testing solutions in a pre-production environment
- Documenting test results, designs and operational manuals for the solutions
- Providing support to production operations
- Managing and organizing configuration management and new feature deployment as well as multi-functional teams during customer service disruptions
- Preserving and documenting standard operating procedures
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health- and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.