Posted on Jan 7, 2021 by Applause IT Ltd
The Engineers will support global network services across all the client operating companies. The client's network environment includes global Enterprise Data Centers and sites with emerging technologies (eg SDN, SDDC and Virtualization) as well as foundation network services (eg Data routing/switching, WLAN, IPAM, remote access, load balancing, within a complex and multi-vendor environment. The role is highly technical and will be responsible for providing advanced technical troubleshooting and problem resolution, implementation of advanced complex changes, guiding and teaching others.
Plays a leading role in supporting all network infrastructure operations across multiple technology domains (Data, and network applications). This includes advanced technical diagnostics and execution of complex changes. Provide expert/advanced level troubleshooting to resolve complex network and voice Incidents. Oversee and technically drive network Pri1's and critical issues within shift to ensure the Managed Service Provider is restoring service as quickly and efficiently as possible. Ensure Incident Management is achieving the goal of fast and efficient restoration of services.
Responsible for Operational Continuous Improvement (reviewing logs, configurations, tools, analytic data, etc.) to continually improve the reliability of the client's network. Ensure best in class network performance through proactive and predictive network monitoring and controls. This individual will utilize operational technologies and tools to prevent network outages. This includes providing feedback to engineering and deployment teams for continual improvement/DevOps
- 10+ years of experience with an MSP, ISP, major carrier, or very large enterprise network
- Expert level at troubleshooting and diagnostics. Able to perform (advanced level) configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of IP network infrastructure.
- Ability to configure/implement complex network changes
- Strong and broad technical knowledge and experience with converged infrastructure, switching/routing in a large and complex network, DHCP, DNS, IP (Schema, subnetting, summarization) IP management tools, network management applications, advanced WAN routing, WAN/LAN/Wireless LAN topologies, MPLS and other WAN technologies, traffic shaping/QoS, EIGRP/BGP, multimedia/VoIP solutions (SIP), Firewalls,
- Strong to expert knowledge of Routing and Switching systems; strong understanding of Routing Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP) and Gateway Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, and GLRP)
- Strong knowledge of VoIP, Multicast, STP, VTP and Virtual LAN's and Trunking (VLAN's); Network Security (ACL's, IPSec Tunnels), Firewalls (Security Appliances), Netflow, IPSLA, and VPN technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment