Posted on Jan 7, 2021 by Jefferson Frank International
This is a great opportunity to join a well established global business. As a customer-focused developer/analyst you will be part of the internal ERP team.
You will develop, test and support programs within the context of daily maintenance and projects. Once deployed, you will continue to maintain and support applications to ensure their optimal functioning.
Furthermore, you and your colleagues are a direct point of contact for business requests including technical support. If required, you will be dealing with the software vendor to efficiently resolve requests.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will be involved in the development and enhancement of applications on iSeries, in accordance to SDLC methodology, and industry best practices.
- Convert business functional specification to technical low level/high-level design.
- Write or modify RPGILE, CLLE programs in an accepted standard ie structured and using the latest versions of RPG.
- Document technical information relating to a program/solution.
- Adherence to the specification testing and interaction with involved users to confirm all possible conditions have been met.
- Assist where necessary the daily operations of the Wynne system.
- Assist the standby for daily and monthly routine procedures.
- Assist on the Service Desk support requests.
Over time you play a key role in (technically) supporting the rolled-out Wynne regions.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of English is essential.
- ERP knowledge and experience are considered a strong plus.
- Experience in different business processes is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of CL and RPG/ILE programming languages is a must.
- Experience on integration with MQ Series-like technology.
- Experience with integration and interfacing between ERP and other applications (Web Services, XML).
- Experience with (RPG Embedded) SQL.
- Must understand and develop efficient designs.
- Understanding of and experience with software application life cycle management and related processes.