Backend Software Engineer Java SpringBoot
Posted on Jan 6, 2021 by Client Server
Backend Software Engineer Leeds / WFH to £75k
Backend Software Engineer / Developer (Java SpringBoot Data Kafka) *Remote / Flexible Working*. Would you like to work on a modern AWS microservices tech stack, collaborating with an Agile team and continually developing your skills? You could be joining a fast growing FinTech that's SaaS solutions are helping High Street banks to compete with the challenge from their online tech driven rivals.
As a Backend Software Engineer will join the team responsible for the core banking technology platform; designing and developing new features and enhancements using Java within a modern TDD development environment encompassing cloud based microservices, CI/CD and Big Data streaming technologies.
Driven by technology the company can offer a remote interview / process and 100% work from home until Spring 2021 with 2-3 days a week WFH thereafter. When you're in the office in Leeds you can enjoy a great team environment with spacious dining area, continuous supply of breakfast, snacks and drinks as well as games rooms and quiet spaces.
- You have commercial experience with modern core Java design and development skills including Spring, ideally SpringBoot - they're using Java 11
- You have experience with high volume processing and real-time distributed systems
- You have a good working knowledge of cloud based microservices
- You have experience with TDD and are an advocate of quality clean code
- Experience with any of the following would be useful: Kafka, Hadoop, Spark (or other data streaming); SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Swagger; CI tools, SonarQube, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins; Cucumber
- You're collaborative with good communication skills; keen to learn and discuss ideas
As a Backend Software Engineer you will earn a competitive salary (to £75k, dependant on skillset and depth of experience; multiple roles available) plus benefits.
Apply now to find out more about this Backend Software Engineer / Developer (Java SpringBoot Data Kafka) opportunity.