Software Engineer / DevOps Python Linux
Posted on Jan 6, 2021 by Client Server
Software Engineer / DevOps London to £80k
Software Engineer / DevOps (Python Linux Automation IaaS). Are you a technologist Software Engineer with strong Python coding skills and a love of problem solving? You could be working on complex trading systems infrastructure and gaining valuable experience in at a global Investment Management company in the City.
As a Software Engineer / DevOps you will join a team responsible for ensuring the high availability of mission critical services including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Build and Deploy, Research and Trading; supporting globally distributed services across APAC, EMEA and AMER regions. You'll monitor and provide tier 1 and 2 support across all services, rapidly respond to any outages, quickly identify, analyse and correct alerts and issues or escalate to minimise trade flow impact and pro-actively pre-empt outages to ensure a highly available environment.
You'll partner with traders, external vendors, development and DevOps teams, collaborating, responding to user's requests and identifying opportunities to automate repetitive tasks and manual processes.
You'll be joining a hugely talented team in London with 360 views of the City and work closely with counterparts in Paris, Singapore and Montreal. You will learn and develop your technology skills and business knowledge with opportunities to progress your career.
- You have an indepth knowledge of Linux / UNIX administration (RHEL; CentOS; OEL preferred)
- You have strong Python coding skills
- You're curious and inquisitive, enjoy problem solving and fixing things
- You have experience with Infrastructure automation tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet or Ansible)
- You have a good working knowledge of networking technologies e.g. TCP/IP, Multicast, tcpdump, clocking (PTP, NTP)
- You're familiar with monitoring infrastructure (e.g. ELK, Prometheus)
- You're degree educated; Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
As a Software Engineer / DevOps you will earn a competitive salary (to £80k) plus bonus and benefits.
Apply now to find out more about this Software Engineer / DevOps (Linux Python IaaS) opportunity.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£65k - £80k Annual
£70k - £90k Annual
£60k - £80k Annual
£70k - £85k Annual