Network Engineer CCIE - Trading
Posted on Jan 6, 2021 by Client Server
Network Engineer London to £120k
Network Engineer (Ultra Low Latency Data Centre CCIE) *Remote Interview*. Algorithmic trading firm is seeking an Ultra Low Latency Network technologist to work on complex and interesting systems as part of a global team.
As a Network Engineer you'll provide solutions across the company's global colocation estate including infrastructure in 22 Data Centres across the world encompassing all aspects related to collocation sites: site access, equipment procurement, logistics, contract management, capacity management (power, space, servers, network ports, etc.), performance management, service availability, connectivity, compute and market data delivery.
You will architect, engineer and deploy ultra low latency network infrastructure including overseeing and carrying-out installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, optimisation and documentation of all network hardware, security hardware, software and connectivity. You will also get involved with managing multiple projects and be responsible for configuring / optimising the network to ensure ultra low latency is achieved for intraday trading and direct market access systems, providing exchange, broker and managed service providers connectivity to support market data delivery and order execution.
Driven by technology this company is able to offer a remote interview and onboarding process during the current social distancing measures.
- Strong Network engineering and project delivery experience
- Advanced knowledge of routing and switching protocols; strong experience with Multicast: PIM, RP, MSDP, IGMP
- Experience with Unicast: OSPF, BGP, NAT, IPSEC and GRE
- Experience with Switching: STP, PC/vPC/MLAG, CDP/LLDP, QoS, HSRP/VRRP, VLAN/VxLAN
- Indepth experience with Arista and Cisco network switching, routing hardware and software
- Expert knowledge of network monitoring PCAP decoding tools landscape (Corvil, SFlow, timestamping (PTP)
- Knowledge of Algorithmic/DMA/HFT and trading platforms and how the trade lifecycle operates
- Solid understanding of market venue, exchange protocols (binary, FIX, ITCH,OUCH, Pillar, etc.) and trading systems across multiple asset classes
- Strong scripting and automation experience (Python preferred)
- Excellent communication skills; ability to perform under pressure and detail oriented
- Likely to be degree educated and / or CCIE certified
As Network Engineer you will earn a competitive salary (to £120k) plus significant bonus and benefits package.
Apply now to find out more about this Network Engineer (Ultra Low Latency Data Centre CCIE) opportunity.