Posted on Jan 6, 2021 by Ortolan group
IT Director, E-commerce/On Line Retail
Based in Doral, Florida
Santo Remedio is a fast-growing manufacturer and distributor of natural supplements that are sold online and through retail partners. They are a new business that is experiencing significant growth and in order to support this rapid growth we are looking for a capable IT Director to join and help set up the HO team based in Miami.
This is a newly created position and the successful applicant will be responsible for establishing and developing an IT function that is currently outsourced. Your initial focus will be building a small, specialist IT team and creating robust systems that will enhance efficiency and support our high levels of growth. This is a hands-on role and you need to be comfortable with setting up a new IT function as well as the more strategic elements of the role which require planning for the longer term direction and leadership of Information Technology for the company.
This is a key leadership role within the business and you will act as the senior advisor, architect, and consultant for IT. You will direct IT architecture, information systems analysis, systems development, systems support, infrastructure, and technical computing functions in support of the overall corporate information resource needs.
- Supervising: application software, application support, infrastructure, and systems administration functions.
- Maintenance and support of the company's production IT environments.
- Implementation of an IT platform enabling the company's growth and diversification plans.
- Continuous improvement of IT applications to enhance the quality of IT service while lowering operational and support costs.
- Design of clinical, objective, and business-based plans with respect to the provision of IT services in order to support the company's current and future strategic plans.
- Development and execution of an effective IT strategy, thus creating a competitive advantage for the company.
- Development of a multigenerational project portfolio of IT improvement initiatives.
Our ideal candidate:
The successful applicant is likely to have gained their experience in an E-commerce, on-line retail or a similar FMCG business. You will need a strong generalist IT/software background which has included application software development, application integration, E-commerce systems, EDI and IT project management.
You will need:
- A Bachelor's degree with Master's preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, a proven record of developing individuals and teams.
- 10 years IT experience with at least 5 years IT leadership, E-commerce focus.
- Experience in our core applications: Oracle NetSuite, Shopify, Gorgias, Aircall, and Microsoft Suite.
- Analytical expertise, strong communication and presentation skills.
- Solid business sense with a strong customer focus, pragmatic "can do" attitude, open-minded, creative and inclusive.
- Fluency in English, Spanish would be desirable.
This is a full time permanent position based in Miami with some travel, 20% but may require more initially to support the project.
Base salary: $125,000 with bonus opportunity:25% of base salary & healthcare.
The company's head-office is located in Doral, FL, 33166.
Key Technologies: Oracle NetSuite, Shopify, Gorgias, Aircall, and Microsoft Suite.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible. For more information you can contact Maureen Marguerie in confidence.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.