Finance Project Manager
Posted on Jan 6, 2021 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
Overview of business area or project:
Group Performance Governance manages and consolidates existing, and establish new where required, financial governance processes to provide transparency, control and consistency for the Group Financial Performance Measurement and Reporting activities
We manage Revenue Sharing governance and reporting including ownership of the Group wide Economic Share Agreement (ESA) inventory, framework and related processes. The underlying purpose of these arrangements is to enhance collaboration within the Bank and grow our client franchise, which is achieved when the economics are shared by divisions/legal entities on a fair and equitable basis.
- Coordination of Global project to segregate general ledger booking accounts for ESAs and to define a target operating model for ESA reporting
- Communication of group wide timelines, requirements and deliverables ensuring timely completion.
- Close collaboration with key stakeholders required (Divisional Finance, Legal Entity Controllers, Product Control), to ensure an agreed methodology for implementing ESA reporting
- Design of Global Collaboration reporting in ESSBASE with basic prototype/pilot of working model
Overview of the department/team (team size, backgrounds, personalities ):
Our team within Group Performance Governance has 3 members based in London and Zurich. We are all of different nationalities, which makes us quite diverse! There are also regular team events and video conferences that keep us closely connected.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
The main challenge with this role will be stakeholder engagement. The right candidate will need to be well organized, experienced with ledger bookings and processes, and comfortable communicating proactively to senior management to resolve issues.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 6 years' of professional experience, preferably in Financial Services as a Project Manager/Change Manager with a Group Finance background (experience and understanding of general ledger booking processes, accounting)
- Project Management experience, preferably on Global projects
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and the will to work intensely towards challenging goals with persistence
- Proven ability at building up trusting, long-term relationships with stakeholders, and of identification and support of stakeholders needs and expectations
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- A Finance qualification such as Chartered Accountant, CIMA, CPA, MBA or MA, would be beneficial
- Knowledge of the following tools: Essbase, Excel, PeopleSoft (highly desired)
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong team player
If you think this could be the right role for you, please feel free to apply online or please contact Agnieszka Wojcik directly (see below).