Software Engineer Lead
Posted on Jan 6, 2021 by Request Technology
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for a Software Engineer Lead. This person will help create software for other engineers and will coach the team in writing software and building products. They will need to have experience with web Front End/single page application development. Also needed is experience in an extreme programming or agile environment.
- Participates in inceptions and iteration planning meetings, infusing backlogs with technical input working in close partnership with the product manager
- Leads and participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Leads and participates in retrospectives; demonstrating and encouraging each participant to provide feedback with empathy
- Partners in collaboration and strategy alignment across product portfolios (cross-product) in partnership with product managers, other peers and key stakeholders with the customer needs and wants in mind
- Serves as an expert on one or more business domain and a lead advocate of one or more technology stacks and shares that knowledge across organizations
- Participates in the effort of shaping the architecture and design of the product; actively helps the team in choosing the right technology, solving technical problems,
- Coaches the team in writing software and building products
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices likely including cloud-based infrastructure deployment
- Provides support for software products in user environments
- Leads and participates in knowledge sharing and contributes to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the engineering community.
- 5+ years of developing and implementing systems at scale
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Recent experience working in an eXtreme Programming (XP) or agile environment
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD); including knowledge and experience in testing frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, Jest, Enzyme, and other like technologies
- Knowledge and experience on approaches and tools for automated testing and monitoring
- Actual experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery (CICD) and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps
- Experience in Back End development design and implementation; database (relational, NoSQL, caching) and messaging
- Experience and knowledge in developing REST APIs including tooling for documentation (OpenAPI), versioning, testing and management
- Experience and knowledge in web and API security including authentication, authorization, OAuth and OWASP
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$120k - $135k Annual