Head of Engineering - Healthcare Start-up - Artificial Intelligence, A
Posted on Jan 6, 2021 by TechNet IT Recruitment (Permanent)
Head of Engineering - Healthcare Start-up - (Artificial Intelligence, AI, Machine Learning, Data)
- Are you a Head/Director of Engineering?
- Have strong AI, Machine Learning & Data technical knowledge?
- Have what it takes to grow and drive an engineering team to success?
- Excited about healthcare technology and solving real-world problems?
- Know how to ramp up a start-up's technical capability?
Location: Fully remote (ideally Barcelona or London)
The company and its goal:
A pioneering healthcare start-up with a mission to provide a digital behaviour platform at scale for a 40 million (and growing) global user base. Mental health and chronic illness are preventable, and this is one step to achieving that goal!
How? By combing state of the art AI, Big Data and Machine Learning technology to create a world-leading platform that ultimately saves lives.
This strongly funded start-up has genuine values, a clear direction and a senior management team with past experience working for the likes of Facebook and Amazon.
As the Head of Engineering, your mission is to evaluate, grow and increase the technical capability of the business as it embarks on the largest national digital programme of it's type to date.
- You'll take charge of growing a technical team of cross-functional engineers and help transition from an offshore to in-house team set-up
- Help to define the methodology and process within the engineering function that leads to unparalleled collaboration (with design research, product, data and support teams), better use of technology, awareness and efficiency
- Advise the business and Chief Product Officer on Data/Technology architecture & direction
- Guide the business on its technology investment and future TOM, helping to develop a strategy that meets the company's future vision
- Work with a team of incredibly smart people working on delivering a next-generation AI platform, with the autonomy to implement key changes as you see fit, and collaborate with partners where required
- Past experience leading and managing technical teams
- Hands on experience and in-depth knowledge across AI, Machine Learning, Data and perhaps Micro-services
- You're a visionary - you have an outward look on things and know what it takes to drive a team to success
- Customer-focused and understand the importance of product, research and design, not just tech. You understand the importance of delivering the right solution, not just your solution
- You Rare comfortable managing the day-to-day technical deep dive as well as the strategy and business side of your role
Package: £100 - 130k + benefits/long term package