Unified Communications Expert
Posted on Jan 6, 2021 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client, a Swiss Bank, we are looking for an Unified Collaboration - Instant Messaging Support for a long term project in Zurich, Switzerland.
Unified Collaboration - Instant Messaging Support
- Location: Zurich, Switzerland
- Sector: Banking
- Duration: 6 months, extension or internalisation intended
Overview of business area or project:
The Bank's End User Services is looking for Unified Communications expert with experience in cloud technologies to deploy and support of their internal chat platform. This candidate will be working in a DevOps capacity - straddling both Engineering and Operations of the system.
- Operate Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) and/or Azure Red Hat OpenShift (ARO) environments
- Deploy application feature & functionality enhancements and maintain the environment by upgrades, update
- Manage and prioritize all user incident tickets. Troubleshoot to best of knowledge and liaise with vendor if required.
- Maintain pro-active approach to resolve end user issues by way of daily monitoring.
- Provide all internal clients with a dedicated, positive and efficient service at all times
- Overview of the department/team (team size, backgrounds, personalities ):
- Resource will be part of Instant Messaging team, under the overarching Unified Collaboration umbrella. UC from a collaboration functionality perspective comprises of IM, Voice, Video, Mail and Retention. UC IM, voice and video solely has ~45 resources
- Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
- The role will entail interaction with various teams, mainly networks, security and vendor for various feature and functionality improvements and application upgrades/updates. Possible contact and interactions with End Users.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Understanding of Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) (min 2 years' experience)
- Understanding of Azure Red Hat OpenShift environment (min 2 years' experience)
- Understanding of Dockers (min 2 years' experience)
- Technical skills ideally in a Level 2 Operations role (manage/resolve/escalate support tickets, daily monitoring of the environment, perform update/upgrades of the environment as required, assist with engineering and testing of such updates/upgrades)
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Understanding of Terraform
- Microsoft based cloud concepts (Azure)
Candidate Value Proposition:
The Bank is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people. The Bank being innovative and technology driven organization, always tries to embrace new technology and already have a number of collaboration technologies available to users, ranging from tools available globally to ones meant for specific business functions.
If you think this could be the right role for you, please apply online or please contact Nadja.