Posted on Jan 6, 2021 by Experis AG
Opportunity to become part of highly motivated Analytics team for a financial institution based in Zurich focusing on building and driving analytical capabilities to develop cyber security capabilities.
The candidate will work with the Global Log Management and Cyber Security Analytics teams and will be mainly responsible for solving highly technical problems, which may require assessing source code to analyse and resolve problems. This requires advanced troubleshooting skills and must be able to adapt and create non-standard approaches to problem solving.
The role will require strong IT operations background that sets the foundation for a close collaboration with Engineering, Operations units, peer Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts:
- Monitor, maintain and improve Splunk environment reliability and quality of service
- Build and test solutions in a pre-production environment
- Document test results, designs, and operational manuals for the solutions
- Provide support of Production operations
- Occasional on-duty or after business hours work in case of incident support
- Organize multi-functional teams during customer service disruptions, configuration management and new feature deployment
- Maintain and document Standard Operating Procedures.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience administrating and troubleshooting Splunk distributed environments/clusters
- 3+ years of experience in analysing and interpreting log sources (Web proxies, Firewalls, Windows, Linux, Sysmon, EDR )
- Comfortable with Linux administration, Bash scripts, packaging (RPM), troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with at least one programming language (Python or Java preferred)
- Understanding of the TCP/IP stack, basic network knowledge,
- Experience working in a DevOps/SRE team, applying Agile methodology
- Good understanding of ITSM (ITIL, Service-Now )
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- A plus: Experience working with Threat Detection solutions/MSSP
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field is nice to have Certifications in administration of Splunk, Windows, Linux, Security