Software Engineer/Technical Leader- Java
Posted on Jan 5, 2021 by Emponics Limited
Software Engineer Technical Leader - Java - Our client based in Bristol at the junction of the M5/M4 at Aztec West are a busy Global FinTech software provider to the world's top banks, asset managers, custodians and broker-dealers. Java and Spring are their primary Back End technologies with Angular and Typescript in their Front End.
To continue to service and support the world's top banks they are undertaking a programme of innovation and expansion to cement their industry leading position for the next decade.
- A passion for software development
- Strong technology skills and interest
- Great communication and teamwork
- Independent and motivated
Experience as a Software Lead/Tech Lead or similar
- UI skills to include Angular/similar modern Front End frameworks - HTML5 and Java programming
- RESTful web services
- BDD, TDD, Continuous Deployment
Familiarity with Agile methodology.
- Experience as a Software Lead/Tech Lead or similar is a must
- Experience developing in a software vendor environment is desirable
- Financial software experience would be a bonus, but is not expected
Supportive holiday package - Includes 25 days annual leave rising to 28 (with length of service) Plus ability to carry over up to 10 days into the next holiday year
Company pension scheme matching up to 5% of salary - Additionally, you can choose to make your contributions via Salary Sacrifice
Group Life Assurance - Up to 9 times your annual basic salary
Group Income Protection - Up to 75% of salary
Private Medical Insurance - Which can include family cover
Free onsite parking
The role will provide you the perfect opportunity to realise your potential and directly develop and influence the technological direction of the company through our forward thinking, flat hierarchical structure where every voice is heard.
We're keen to invest in both your personal and professional development and to take full advantage of industry advancement in new techniques and methodologies.
- Involved in the complete product life cycle from initial requirements definition, design, development and solution configuration through to deployment
- Agile approach using Behaviour Driven Development and Continuous Deployment technologies
- Willingness to adopt Agile practices such as Pair-programming and Test-Driven Development
- Support on-going development, maintenance and fixes of clients solutions and in-house toolkits
- Follow their development process and quality standards
- Responsibility for developing scalable and robust solutions, which meet the high performance and availability standards of global financial institution.