GIS Data Librarian
Posted on Jan 2, 2021 by ESG Consulting
The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of data asset management to effectively collaborate with all areas the clients associated Data. Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and communication skills while fostering positive, productive partnerships with internal stakeholders are critical keys to success. The individual will serve as a resource to support data migration and implementation and the clients team's needs.
This is a contract that renews every year for 1 year at a time indefinitely
- Organize and maintain asset folder structures in all associated data systems
- Conduct the daily management of the clients Data's information for upload into ProjectWise and other software.
- Maximize discovery of data by enhancing documents and images with metadata that follows established guidelines and are consistent with business objectives.
- Manage life cycle of documents and image assets after creation
- Identify and communicate opportunities for improvement to aid in the overall enrichment of the metadata life cycle.
- Engage with internal and external partners to make data openly discover-able, accessible, and reusable.
- Classify data and manage cross references to other divisions throughout the department.
- Refine existing requirements for implementation of current documents into current digital asset management system to support clients existing plans, as well as expansion into future digital content plans.
- Work with the different business groups to create standards and procedures for tagging new content.
- Create and implement a taxonomy to be used in-house and by outside users to improve search-ability of content for the ever-growing digital content for client
- Review previously scanned data to review, separate files according to folder structure, add appropriate metadata, and file according to existing requirements.
- Assist users and analysts to determine data needs and potentially useful tools and assist in accessing and using them. eg TADA!, ProjectWise, SharePoint, Qlik, OBIEE, 411 & other systems.
- Develop innovative approaches to enhance accessibility of the data and services.
- BA/BS required; MLS in Library Science a plus.
- Experience with geospatial analysis (GIS) and data visualization projects.
- Experience with open-source and web-based GIS tools, such as ArcGIS Online, or other similar packages.
- Must be able to work effectively with documentation, numbering systems, terms, acronyms, filing systems
- Superior organizational, analytical, and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to meet deadlines; strong service-orientation; exceptional written & oral communication skills.
- Experience with institutional or subject repository systems.
- Low stress work environment
- Promote from within
- Flexible start times
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".