GIS Data Manager (DBA)
Posted on Jan 2, 2021 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking a GIS Data Manager DBA to design & secure Esri ArcSDE Geodatabases to store, track, & maintain geospatial data & metadata. Develops and updates database models, administers geodatabases, and maintains multi-user versioned geodatabases.
.* At present, this role will work 100% remote until 4/3 due to Covid-19 and stay at home orders. Updates to follow. Once its deemed safe to go back to an office, you will be onsite 5 days a week.
.*This is a contract that renews every year for 1 year at a time indefinitely
Seeking a GIS Data Manager (database manager, DBA) who will upgrade and implement changes to vector and faster geodatabases including Esri Roads and Highways. Provides ETL functions for processing data into Esri geodatabases through Esri Model Builder, Workflow Manager,and SafeSoftware FME. Will be responsible for implementing Esri Parcel Fabric for storage and maintenance of client Right of Way and surplus parcels.
Responsibilities of GID Data Manager
- Performs geospatial data processing/ETL and publishing of data into enterprise geodatabases
- Acquires, maintains, and disseminates GIS data in support of GDOT activities
- Maintains currency and completeness of enterprise geodatabase data, metadata, and geoportal
- Ensures completion of data updates and facilitates resolution of data governance/quality issues
- Controls GIS data security, access, distribution, and retention
- Replicates, synchronizes, and restores geodatabases
- Creates data caches and tiles
- Troubleshoots and supports end user data compression, versioning, and multi-user editing workflows within geodatabases
- Implements data security and access controls
- Implements geodatabase design standards
- Creates and supports Active Batch, Model Builder, Workflow Manager, and FME jobs
- Supports raster data in Image Server
- Performs geodatabase administration, configuration, tuning, and performance monitoring in hand with Oracle DBA's
- Develops and updates spatial views and data views in hand with Enterprise Data Warehouse Team
- Develops geodatabase design documents, metadata, data models, and schemas
- Facilitates GIS data interoperability with Bentley Microstation transportation design plans
Candidate will work with supporting IT team members (database, network, server, etc.) and interacting with business units. The candidate will follow internal standards, and accepted best practices for developed solutions.
Consultants are not to take extended leave during their first year of service (eg 1 week or greater).
- Low stress work environment
- Promote from within
- Flexible start times
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".