Associate Director Engineering
Posted on Jan 1, 2021 by Request Technology
- Leading people and teams by supporting their development, managing various innovation initiatives and providing technical direction across a diverse team of 10-15 product engineers, technical analysts and automation engineers.
- You'll need the ability to dive deep, and have a hands on approach to the team and the underlying technology stack.
- You'll also need to have familiarity with open technologies and modern architectural approaches.
- You'll lead in an agile environment where leaders typically focus 20-30% of their time building a positive, energetic culture to keep momentum moving in a positive direction.
- Experience working on large-scale, high volume applications
- Rapid personal pace with ability to deliver and drive results
- Deep understanding of software quality and what it takes to construct resilient and impactful solutions
- Strong mentoring capability and communication - both verbal and written
- Ability to recruit people, screen candidates and be selective
- Active involvement in setting technical and product strategy
- Passion to build strong, self-sustaining engineering teams
- Energetic, open and collaborative across all teams and roles
- Ability to practice servant leadership which is key to our success and culture
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information technology or business information systems or related field
- Extensive full stack software delivery experience (10 years or more) across multiple disciplines - hands-on development, Devops and project management..
- 5 or more years experience in a technology focused managerial role with very clear leadership attributes - ability to set direction, grow team members, set goals, prioritize and recruit talent, among others.
- Heavy exposure and implementation experience in modern technology, architecture and automation patterns.
- Fluent, open communication style - speaking, writing, collaborating
- Typically a minimum of 8 years related professional experience including a minimum of 3-4 years' experience in a supervisory position.