Linux System Administrator/Python
Posted on Jan 1, 2021 by Request Technology
*This is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Linux System Engineer. The Linux Systems team is responsible for building and maintaining the Servers, storage, OS, and configuration of all trading environments. This role is revolved around Linux system administration, they must have heavy python skills and/or Hitachi Storage experience. Also needed is someone with project leadership experience. Solid background in configuration management (puppet/salt, build RPMs, deploy updates).
- Represent the Linux Systems team and take ownership of our portion of large infrastructure projects.
- Gather, organize, document, and clearly communicate project requirements to relevant teams.
- Use the latest in systems management techniques to develop, test, and deploy configuration changes globally
- Reduce administrative overhead wherever possible, an "automate everything" attitude
- Identify key performance and capacity metrics and build scalable monitoring systems
- Play a lead role in several R&D efforts and evaluate emerging technologies
- Work closely with development teams on capacity scaling and performance tuning
- Ensure Linux systems are adequately hardened and meet our security requirements
- 5+ years' experience managing a large 24x7 enterprise environment (hundreds of Servers, multiple sites)
- Deep understanding of the Linux Kernel (scheduling, networking, I/O, monitoring)
- Solid background in configuration management (puppet/salt, build RPMs, deploy updates)
- Strong understanding of software engineering (design, testing, version control) and experience in two of the following languages: Python/C/C++/Ruby
- Need someone with project leadership skills
- Must have heavy Python and/or Hitachi storage