Technical Analyst – Solar Asset Management
Posted on Jan 1, 2021 by Igloo3
Technical Analyst - Solar Asset Management, London, UK, salary to 33,000 based on experience
This is a key role in the tech team of the market leading solar asset management firm.
The firm is very successful and growing fast, they manage a fleet of utility scale solar energy power plants for asset owners across the UK and in international markets.
This is a broad technical role covering monitoring and performance management of a large portfolio of solar assets but also carrying responsibility for leading on OFGEM audits and FAC/PAC
We're looking for a high calibre solar engineer with solid experience in UK based large scale solar preferably with some experience of Ofgem and FAC/PAC, Your experience could be gained within asset management, O&M or tech advisory firms
The work environment is international, fast paced, hard-working and the company offers excellent opportunities for personal development - the office is in the heart of the West End. Currently the team are working remotely, so your location is fairly flexible, but the ability to get to London regularly will be required (post COVID)
* Other duties include:
* Liaising with EPCs to complete a check list of documents required by the authorities.
* Reviewing and challenging EPCs' and TA's calculations related to FAC.
* Liaising with the TA for the generation of the PAC punch list and pursuing all open points with the EPC until final resolution.
* Identifying issues causing underperformance and leading on the production of investigative analytical reports to identify the root cause and suggested mitigation.
* Developing and enhancing relations with EPC and O&M providers.
* Educated to degree level in engineering, ideally electrical engineering, renewable energy engineering (or very similar)
* Have knowledge and experience in the technical aspects of Solar PV and/or other renewables operations. We will consider candidates from an O&M background.
* Some experience of handling OFGEM audits and FAC processes, preferably solar and in the UK market.
* Have knowledge of SCADA systems, IT and telecommunications as deployed across the UK solar sector.
* Have experience in the tracking, resolution and reporting of issues.
* Have experience in the production of client reports.
* Be fluent in English and exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills - both written and verbal. Fluency in a second language is advantageous
* Have the legal right to work permanently in the UK (without the need for employer sponsorship)
* Be able to read relevant documentation such as Single Line Diagrams, As Built Drawings, Commissioning documentation, PPAs, Connection Agreements
* Possess excellent negotiation skills for EPCs for punch list resolution.
* Knowledge of SCADA systems, IT and telecommunications as deployed across the UK solar sector
This role is offered on a fully employed basis, with a competitive base salary (negotiable based on experience and value) in the range 31,000 - 33,000 per annum plus discretionary bonus scheme and nice benefits.