Application Support Manager
Posted on Dec 31, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking an Application Support Manager. Candidate will be responsible for managing the work effort of personnel and 3rd party vendors, in the delivery of assigned projects and programs.
- 4+ years of experience with Insurance Policy Processing and Insurance Operations
- Make informed recommendations about staffing and budget to support the 3 year road-maps with considerations across US, European and Indian based staff members.
- Directly and indirectly manage the work effort of Company personnel and 3rd party vendors, in the delivery of assigned projects and programs.
- Deal effectively with ambiguity, change and adapt appropriately to a range of situations.
- Assess and declare weekly agency availability.
- Develop and report monthly Officer Operations updates on area operations.
- Manage and Lead a global 24x7x365 organization of technical support professionals and Associate Managers, leveraging varied application technologies like Java, .Net, Tibco, Splunk, Jira, Confluence, GitHub, Service-Now
- Partner closely with Product Management, Product Engineering and Infrastructure Services to achieve the highest levels of system availability by leveraging ITIL principles.
- Insure system continuity management integrity through Disaster Recovery testing
- Accountable for system upkeep through periodic maintenance and server lifecycle upgrades
- Meet all Department goals for SOX, PII, PCI, Security, Internal and External Audits
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business management discipline or equivalent experience
- 4+ Years of Leadership Experience - leading virtual teams a plus
- Experience of ITIL framework, Foundation certified preferred
- Previous experience in a high volume, enterprise Production Support Environment
- Demonstrated ability to build metrics reports & dashboards to manage and track Service Levels
- Experience with Service Now or similar Service Management tools.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies in a Plan-Build-Run environment including Kanban
- Ability to lead by influence up, down, and across an organization and drive issues to resolution.
- Strong skills in project management, program management, team building, and problem solving
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with effective presentation and facilitation skills and a proven ability to influence others through the creation of executive presentations and proposals.