Posted on Dec 31, 2020 by Kent Adhesive Products Company
Kent Adhesive Products Company (KAPCO) is a growing manufacturing company in Kent, Ohio.
Kapco is a custom coater and converter of flexible pressure-sensitive materials. Founded in 1974 in Kent, Ohio, KAPCO is an innovative business that continues to define higher standards for adhesive applications. All of the company's operations are located in a modern 120,000-square-foot facility.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to contribute to our growth. Potential candidates must have a good work ethic, be a team player and exhibit a positive attitude.
Our ideal candidate is someone who will strive for excellence, will focus on the customer, and do the right thing. They will be flexible and want to be part of the solution.
The Maintenance Technician will perform a variety of general maintenance duties which include electrical, mechanical, carpentry and construction in the maintenance and repair of the KAPCO facility and its equipment.
- Inspect buildings, electrical systems, grounds, and equipment to ensure safe, well-maintained conditions, identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Performs troubleshooting and repairs.
- Performs preventive maintenance.
- Identify and perform basic service and repair on plumbing fixtures
- Identify and assist with carpentry and repair work
- Operate a variety of machinery, equipment and tools including saws, Router, drills, sanders, planers, drill presses and various hand tools
- Basic ability to read, interpret and work from blueprints, drawings, or oral instruction
- Install or replace plugs, Switches, outlets
- Wear proper protective equipment while performing job duties
- Maintains a variety of records relating to inspections, maintenance activity, etc.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities are conducted within established policies, guidelines and other applicable laws.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of equipment, materials, methods and procedures used in maintenance and repair
- Knowledge of PLC and drive controls, ability to diagnosis
- Electrical experience with 240v
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic equipment
- Effective communication skills
- Detail Oriented and organized
We offer very comprehensive compensation that includes health, life, long term disability, 401K and vacation
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.