Head of Player Safety (MLR)
Posted on Dec 30, 2020 by Nicoll Curtin Technology
I am looking for Head of Player Safety to drive the performance of Sports' Safer Gambling programme and support objective to protect vulnerable individuals from experiencing gambling-related harm.
- Support a team of Safer Gambling SMEs with training, guidance, feedback and a point of escalation.
- Deliver a programme of Safer Gambling across the group and innovate new ways to identify individuals at risk of gambling-related harm, interact with customers through multiple channels to help them manage their activity, and evaluate the effectiveness of these measures.
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders such as Compliance, Retail, Customer Service and Fraud & Finance to ensure that Safer Gambling risks are managed effectively.
- Perform in-depth customer risk assessments and due diligence reviews, identifying different types of risk, possible markers of harm and appropriate mitigating actions.
- Deliver training and guidance on regulatory, research and safer gambling issues across the group.
- Own and manage Safer Gambling/Player Safety Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Implement strategies and operational activities to ensure that players are protected and their activity is both enjoyable and affordable.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of responsible gambling regulation, research and best practice across multiple jurisdictions.
- 3+ years' experience in the field of safer gambling, anti-money laundering and/or customer due diligence.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Gambling Commission's licensing regime.
- Awareness and understanding of the latest research, innovation, technology and methodologies in the field of Safer Gambling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to concisely summarise risk.
- Ability to engage with and influence multiple work streams within the business.
- Strong triage and decision-making skills, with ability to manage a high volume of tasks.