Product Owner/Business Analyst - Development Team
Posted on Dec 30, 2020 by Xceptor
Xceptor delivers no-code automation software across the enterprise. We make data ingestion, data transformation and process digitisation easy. Automation. Simply. Globally
Our Clients: We pride ourselves on our straightforward and honest approach from a project and commercial perspective. As banking, financial services, and insurance specialists, our proven deployments enable us to grow strong, global relationships and build an impressive client list of industry leaders. Want an independent viewpoint? Read recent analysis from Forrester and HfS.
Our Partners: Our ability to deliver great automation solutions is validated through our existing utility, consultancy, and technology partnerships with the likes of EY, DTCC, Cognizant, and Finastra.
Our Platform: Our no-code automation platform for end-to-end and complex processes enables clients to leverage the right technology at the right time to drive the right outcomes. A single, common platform delivers client solutions, packaged solutions, and industry utilities, giving everyone access to the same technology, no matter the size or scale of challenge.
Our People: Ambition is in our DNA and we embrace any opportunities ahead. Our curiosity and desire to grow drives us to learn from our customers and those around us. Our people are empowered, accountable and deliver. We pull together, step up, and focus on outcomes. The brilliance of our people makes a positive difference to our clients' ambitions. We are Xceptor.
We are seeking an experienced Product Owner, to become the owner and expert for a defined set of features from our software solutions. You will work with our in-house development team to deliver customer focussed solutions, using our innovative and industry leading products. At Xceptor, the Product Owner acts as the Proxy Product Owner for the Scrum team, on behalf of and in conjunction with the customer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, own, and execute against a 90-day product roadmap tied to the long-term vision and strategy of Xceptor.
- Become the subject matter expert for your defined set of product features with hands on knowledge of the intricacies of the product with the ability to present functionality and clearly articulate functionality to internal and external stakeholders.
- Accurately define the requirements for key roadmap activities, proving you have a ruthless understanding of prioritisation for value.
- Question, understand, and challenge the development team, articulating both technical and business understanding to users.
- Act as the lead product demonstrator and where appropriate, interface with prospect, customer, and client engagement
- Articulate relevant Epics, Features, user stories, scenarios, customer journeys, and wire frames, if necessary, for the developers to understand the goal of each prioritised item.
- Lead Sprint planning and maintain the product backlog based on the team's roadmap and priorities.
- Acts as a facilitator between the Development team, Delivery, and any third parties concerning solution functionality.
- Maintain product documentation/catalogue of features and changed.
- Provides walk-throughs as part of user acceptance, to both delivery and clients, and ensures documentation is updated.
- Escalates problems through agreed channels as appropriate and manage them through to successful resolution, keeping all stakeholders regularly updated.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills.
- Drive and self-initiative.
- Able to see problems through to conclusion, irrespective of delay, opposition, diversion, or lack of product knowledge.
- Able to take ownership and responsibility for identifying issues and risks and driving stakeholders to effectively resolve and manage.
- Good impact and influence; seeks to understand as well as to be understood.
- First-class facilitation skills, enabling the team to drive out root requirements, rather than accepting the solution stated by the business/client.
- Knowledge and understanding of business analysis methodologies (ideally possessing a recognized certification such as ISEB).
- Knowledge of Agile methodology, especially writing and managing user stories and acceptance criteria.
- The ability to storyboard and lead solution scoping process whilst ensuring all stakeholders are informed and clear on project activity/involvement.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to communicate at both a technical and non-technical level.
- Business acumen and commercial awareness with a well-developed instinct for when people or business priorities have changed, and the ability to quickly modify behaviour to achieve effective outcomes.
- Ability to contribute to the continuous improvement of team and business processes.
- Always maintains a professional manner and approach.
- Be prepared to be flexible with working hours to meet peak demands or work with global stakeholders in other time zones.
- Technically strong, experienced in the use of Azure DevOps software or equivalent, is helpful but not essential.
In return, we will offer exposure to global, blue chip clients and an unparalleled experience of best practice. This is a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative environment where there are significant opportunities for growth and development. Xceptor is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.