Senior Software Tester (QAA)
Posted on Dec 30, 2020 by Precision System Design, Inc.
Our Fortune 500 client located in Cleveland, OH is hiring for an experience QA Analyst with experience in both manual and automated testing. The ideal candidate will perform a variety of testing approaches and techniques, in addition to creating and executing automations scripts. This position requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills to recognize and reduce redundancies in testing efforts, minimize complexity, and create efficiency without compromising effectiveness.
- Functions in a Test Lead role for testing efforts as assigned.
- Establishes readiness, specifies skill needs, analyzes risk, provides estimates and plans work for testing efforts.
- Participates in requirements reviews, design reviews, systems analysis and testing review discussions.
- Determines scope and focus of testing effort and creates Test Strategy and risk analysis to guide testing efforts.
- Creates, uses and maintains automated scripts to increase efficiencies in testing, including troubleshooting problems with scripts.
- Tests systems or system components utilizing Black Box testing methods.
- Able to work assigned schedule subject to flexible schedule policies and practices.
-In-depth knowledge of common testing methods, testing tools (eg, ALM), terminology and industry practices.
-Knowledge of data structures, data management practices, system interaction patterns and interfaces
-Advanced analysis and problem solving skills with the ability to analyze data from various sources to determine next steps.
-Organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignment simultaneously.
-Negotiation skills with the ability to influence others by educating and sharing information.
-Listening, verbal and written communications skills with the ability to present information to a variety of audiences.
-Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
-Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly.
-Ability to coach and help others learn knowledge or skills in a specific area.
-Ability to research and maintain awareness of emerging technology.-Knowledge of various corporate security rules, legal and regulatory obligations such as PCI, SOX or similar standards.
-Advanced knowledge of using software packages or tools for processing or displaying data (eg Microsoft Excel, SQL Queries).
-Proven ability to assess implications of proposed systems changes on the processes and factors related to the insurance business or common business functions (eg marketing, sales, and financial controls).
Overtime: straight time