Python Engineer (AWS)
Posted on Dec 28, 2020 by Zaizi
This role is 100% remote for the foreseeable future. We will accept applications from anywhere in the UK.
Zaizi is currently seeking a Django/Flask/AWS Developer with a get it done mentality that has a passion for helping public sector organisations solve complex business and technology problems.
This person will build and deliver digital services using open source and cloud platforms. The individual in this role will lead technical requirements sessions, work directly with our clients and developers, architect; document solutions, and build Digital Services capable of winning global awards.
- Develop and/or enhance cloud digital services
- Perform code peer reviews for style, security and functionality
- Write and maintain design, architecture and process documentation for software applications aligning with functional and non-functional requirements
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Work with the team to estimate effort for the development tasks
- Involvement in executing Proof of Concept and Spike and involved in documenting the outcome
- Promote exceptional user experiences
- Work with a cross-functional team in an agile environment to ensure successful product delivery
- Work closely with the Test Automation Engineers to develop and execute tests on the applications
- Actively participate in the solutions design process
- Take direction from the team lead and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Be available to work on site during regular business hours
You will have extensive commercial experience in the following:
- Django or Flask
- AWS, Docker/Kubernetes/Lambda functions
- Building secure scalable digital services and products
- GIT version control systems
- Familiarity with Jira
- REST based web services using JSON formatted data
- SQL experience using relational databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL or Oracle
- Third party API integration experience
- Can work with cross functional teams
- Continuous improvement
- Influencing, mentoring
- Customer facing (build good rapport)
- Sets high standards and goals
- Good communication skills
Nice to have skills:
- UX and/or UI design experience
Zaizi is a software consultancy specialising in building bespoke digital solutions using open source software and cloud platforms. We predominantly work with central government agencies and adhere to the Government Digital Service Standard.
As a digital consultancy, working on large and complex public sector projects, utilising the newest and innovative technologies, tools and methods, our people are the key to our success.
To attract, engage and retain diverse, passionate and able people, we've established a great culture and close knit community of people who work hard but also play hard too.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative - we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do - if that sounds like you, you'll fit right in!
We have a rigorous recruitment process which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent. Our process includes:
First round - Telephone pre-screen with HR.
Second round - Video interview with a senior manager.
Third round - Interview and presentation to senior team.
We would be keen for the candidate to start as soon as possible, but it is more important to us to find the right person and we are able to respect notice periods of up to 3 months.
Individuals seeking employment at Zaizi must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.
Zaizi works with UK Central Government departments on a range of projects. To be able to work on our customer projects, employees must be Security Cleared to a standard acceptable to our Government customers. Due to this restriction we can currently only recruit candidates who have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship and who have lived in the UK for the last 5+ years continuously.
Fully remote with occasional travel to head office and possible client site based depending on project.
25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
BUPA medical insurance
Why should you choose Zaizi?
Work on exciting projects - making a difference
Empowered to make decisions
Encouraged to fail fast and learn quickly
We won't hold you back