Head of Operations
Posted on Dec 28, 2020 by Zaizi
This role is remote for the foreseeable future with regular presence (not daily) in the head office in London and occasional travel to clients across the UK .
We (Zaizi) grew 50% this year during the pandemic. We are nearly 100+ strong. Onboarding all 40+ colleagues remotely during lockdown. Headquartered in London, we opened up recruiting to the whole of the UK.
Given the current growth and opportunity for further expansion in the next couple of years, we are recruiting for a new Head of Operations. This role brings together delivery, operations and service delivery functions together. Reporting to the CEO, this role will work alongside our product and engineering functions to ensure effective delivery and operations.
This is an opportunity for someone to join our team and shape our next phase of growth including this role. As such it would suit someone who has had prior experience growing and maturing a professional services firm or business unit within a larger firm. Experience in the UK public sector would be very advantageous.
These are the expected objectives for this role, but we would expect to work with you to shape these. We are happy to discuss this further, including key results during the interview process and jointly agree it with the successful candidate.
- Working with the management team, review, define and implement strategic operational and financial objectives to sustain our ambitious growth plans.
- Manage Delivery Team, Service Delivery Team and Operations team to ensure we forecast and deliver services on budget and time.
- Work with sales and HR in forecasting and maintaining a workforce plan
- Ensure effectiveness of day to day operational processes as we scale and change.
These are the immediate responsibilities that we expect will change and increase as the organisation evolves.
- Direct and indirect management of staff
- Working closely with the Leadership Teams and HR to develop staff, ensuring there are sufficient appropriately skilled permanent and contract staff available to meet current and forecasted demands
- Accountable for development and implementation of short and long-term strategic operational and financial objectives
- Responsible for managing and improving the day to day operational processes
- Accountable for our ways of working; ensuring teams are empowered and are able to deliver to the best of their ability
- Accountable for defining and managing budget in line with growth and the needs of the company working with the management team and leadership team to ensure commercial targets are met or exceeded.
- Responsibility for accurate revenue and staff forecasting
- Accountability for creating and maintaining a workforce plan that allows Zaizi to grow in line with the overall strategy
- Responsibility for qualifying sales opportunities from an operational and staffing perspective.
- Managing compliance of the month end closure process as well as ensuring their operations team are doing same including completion of timesheets, review of revenue and costs, margin control and invoicing and debt collection
- Accountability for project P&L's and raising appropriate queries and corrective actions with the management team to rectify issues
- Continuous improvement and refinement of operational processes and communicating and presenting these processes to the wider organisation
- Sharing and promoting operational and commercial best practice across the organisation
Zaizi works with UK Central Government departments on a range of projects. To be able to work on our customer projects, employees must be Security Cleared to a standard acceptable to our Government customers. Due to this restriction we can currently only recruit candidates who have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship and who have lived in the UK for the last 5+ years continuously.
25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
BUPA medical insurance