I.T. Tech & On Bus Systems Officer
Posted on Dec 27, 2020 by Mcgills
Glasgow, Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
McGill's Bus Service Ltd - I.T. Tech & On Bus Systems Officer
McGill's Bus Service Ltd are Scotland's largest privately owned Bus Company and employ around 800 employees within 4 locations based at Johnstone, Inchinnan, Greenock and Coatbridge Bus Depots.
We currently have a position for an I.T. Tech & On Bus Systems Officer, reporting to the Operations Director. This role is based at our Head Office, Greenock, however due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will be required to work at all depot locations to ensure the continuous smooth operation of the I.T. department.
To provide day to day support on all I.T. issues within the Company and ensure the overall smooth and efficient operation of all functions within the I.T. department.
To support all Managerial, Office and all Depot departmental staff and administrators either directly or with the help of third-party providers on all IT related issues such as software, hardware and other IT infrastructure including On Bus systems.
• Support staff at all levels within the company resolving IT requests and IT issues including the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users
• Take ownership of technical issues from first contact to final completion of task
• Provide remote and deskside support to users across various depots
• Liaise with third party providers and escalate issues as and when required
• Adding, removing users to the email and other dedicated software systems
• Administer and maintain IT security, ensuring regular security audits carried out
• General IT in co-ordination with external IT provider (currently TSG)
• Phones and mobiles
• WIFI systems, both depot and on bus
• CCTV systems, both depot and on bus
• Ticket machine estate
• Bus Destination Screens
• Company Mobile app
• Company Website
• On Bus USB charge points
• On bus telematics system
• On bus passenger counting kit
• On bus Audio visual kit
Essential skills and experience:
Excellent people skills
Ability to liaise and communicate with all levels of the business
Use own initiative and have a "can do" approach
Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise workload
Flexible approach to role
The successful candidate must be qualified in I.T. to HND/Degree level, and have a clean car licence.
Hours of work, Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week working 8 hours a day
Competitive salary is on offer to successful candidate.
Interested candidates please apply online