IT Project Manager
Posted on Dec 27, 2020 by Precision System Design, Inc.
Our large, direct client HQed in a NE suburb of Cleveland, OH, will be looking to hire several IT Project Managers to work within their EPMO for long-term, extendable contracts. The emphasis will be on Agile application development project management, and they are looking for IT Managers with at least 8 years of experience, ideally managing medium to large scale projects (budgets in the $1M+ range).
Leadership Skill Competencies:
- Results Oriented: Managing quality, cost and speed of IT projects. Quality and achieving planned durations are critical.
- Highly Collaborative: Building a collaborative, productive team.
- Customer Engagement: Engaging and managing all relationships from within EXD, EPMO, enterprise IT teams (sponsor, developers, architect, QA) and Business sponsors.
- Effective stakeholder engagement: Detailed, immediate establishment of relationships. Maintain consistent communication both formally with reports and informally, by becoming a trusted advisor.
- Strong Communicator and Influencer: Great communication and motivational skills to manage a large, diverse team. Present and facilitate meetings to management, stakeholders, teams.
Technical Project Management Competencies:
- Scale: Management of small, medium projects (ask for budget, team size and scope). Candidate to provide details in resume or summary.
- Type: Application Development
- Methodologies: Agile, Kanban, Scrum
- Tools: MS Project, MS SharePoint, TFS
- Certifications: CAPM, PMP, Scrum (CSM, CSP). Please Note: these certifications are preferred, not required
- Planning: Specific examples in defining, estimating, scheduling, updating and reporting project deliverables and resources in a detailed fashion using a PM tool such as MS Project.
- Scope: All phases of project management from HLP (High Level Planning) to Execution to Roll-out. Must have managed at least one large project for a full cycle.
- Management: Working with stakeholders to help define and manage project scope.
- Risk management: Foreseeing risk and its impact to team members and project. Reporting formally and communicating to appropriate managers.
- Metrics: Formal reporting of risk management, measuring of baselines, budget, resource planning, and quality. Performance metrics and accountability: Burn down charts.
- Work force management: Formally managing a diverse team. Responsible for tracking of all time.
- Vendor management: SOW (statement of work), contract negotiation, POC (proof of concept).
- 3rd Party management: Remote resources, consultants.
- Change management: Implementation of large projects and the impact of environmental and cultural changes.
- Create and maintain artifacts: Project plans, schedules, budgets, risk, communication plans, status reports.
- Adaptive: Flexibility in assignments, teams. Open to movement and change within the EPMO.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology or Business discipline or related field of study (eg, Computer Science, MIS, Business Management) and a minimum two years of work experience leading or managing professionals or project delivery.
- In lieu of degree, a minimum four years of work experience leading or managing professionals or project delivery may be accepted.
We will call qualified candidates after review.
Resumes will NOT be sent to clients without your approval.
THERE ARE MANY IT STAFFING FIRMS YOU CAN WORK WITH.
WHY WORK WITH PRECISION?
Our Clients. We work with the best.
- We are direct vendors to Fortune 500 companies across North America
- We're the top provider of contract IT professionals to many of our clients
Our Experience. We know how to sell our candidates to clients.
- We've been in business for over 20 years, and have made thousands of successful placements
Our Background. Precision is run by former IT professionals.
- We know what it is like to be an IT consultant working in a large organization.
- We actually understand your skills. We'll make sure that you are right for the job, and that the job is right for you.
Our Reputation for Quality. Clients favor Precision's candidates.
- We take the time to learn about you so that we can best match you to our openings and sell you to our clients.
- Our clients know from experience that Precision's consultants are the most qualified and the best fit for their project teams.
Our Ethics. We pride ourselves on our ethical business practices.
- We never submit your resume without your permission, and we never give your resume to other staffing companies
- We are up front about pay rates and the interviewing process, and provide you with constant feedback.
Our Responsibility. We take seriously our obligations to our consultants.
- We always pay on time
- We offer highly competitive pay rates, as well as an opportunity to participate in our group health insurance, long term disability and 401(k) plans.
- When required, we carefully manage H1-B and Green Card applications, and involve you at every step.
- We have dedicated HR personnel that will answer the phone when you call.
THE STAFFING FIRM YOU WORK WITH MATTERS.
WORK WITH PRECISION.
Overtime: straight time
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.