Platform Engineer - Leading Bank - Amsterdam - Python - Azure
Posted on Dec 27, 2020 by Apollo Solutions Ltd
Platform Engineer - permanent role - Amsterdam - Large Dutch bank
For a leading bank in the Netherlands, Amsterdam, I am looking for a strong Platform Engineer with excellent skills in building Azure Infrastructure with Python for a large enterprise-wide data processing platform used by hundreds of engineers bank-wide and based on the next generation of data platforms; distributed data mesh.
An exciting role in an ambitious and dynamic platform team, working on the most challenging and complex work in an agile and DevOps minded environment.
You will be responsible with your platform team for the underlying infrastructure of this large data processing platform used across the bank by multiple business lines. This data processing platform is expanding and will be used by more and more teams in the near future.
- You will be building the infrastructure
- Creating the frameworks
- Test CI CD pipelines
- Work Cloud focussed (Azure)
- Work structured with your team or subteam on specific sub systems of the platform
- Strong software engineering background
- Python coding skills
- Azure cloud knowledge
- Strong in building complex infrastructure and frameworks
- Experience creating the infrastructure for large data processing platforms
- You like to work on complex solutions and challenges
- Teamwork is what you do
- Great name on your resume
- Very good work - life balance
- Great work environment, agile way of working, strong experts in their field, good culture
- Opportunity to work in a strong, stable Platform Engineering team, focused on the latest Data Platform mindset at Enterprise level, following the Data Mesh principle
- In a truly innovative team with an innovative mindset
- Strong Personal Development opportunities; go further in Security, Specialized Developer, Architecture, Product Owner role, Tech Lead role, Team Manager - the opportunities are endless for talent like you
- Focus on training and development, lot's of knowledge sharing
- Flexible working hours, lots of room to grow (personality & professionally)
- Encouragement to train/fitness during the day
- Personal Development budget
- Great Pension scheme
- Solid insurance
- Free transport card (evenings and weekends incl.)
Does this role sound interesting to you? Are you a fit? Get in touch with me!