Data Center Engineer/Virtualization Architect - w/Secret clearance
Posted on Dec 27, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Data Center Engineer/Virtualization Architect
U.S. Citizen a must - Must have an active secret clearance Tier 3/NACLC/Secret - Baseline certification IAT certification VM certified
Looking for a candidate with Data Center Virtualization 2019 or VMWare certified. - professional cloud management and automation 2019 vRealize automation 7 or newer VCP 6.7 or newer VMWare vSphere vRealize automation VR AVRO SAN Storage virtual Routers Switches VRI
- Serve as a virtualization administrator specializing in VMware virtualization technology or future virtualization technologies.
- Engineer, install, configure and manage virtualization environments.
- Engineer, install, configure, and manage both physical and virtual storage solutions
- Engineer, install, configure and manage Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
- Install, configure and manage physical and virtual Routers, Switches, Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), Power Distribution Units (PDUs), Servers, etc.
- Perform a variety of tasks to include identifying Servers to be virtualized, creating test environments, validation, converting Servers, and maintaining virtual infrastructure.
- Continue to improve the virtual classroom course delivery to meet instructor and student needs. Analyzes systems requirements in response to customer requirements, risks, and costs by working directly with management and system administrators. Evaluate new systems information technologies and their effect on the environment. Ensures that cyber security and OPSEC policies, principles, and practices are an integral element of the operating environment. Integrates hardware and software components within the systems environment.
- Continually monitors and fine-tune performance of the Information Systems. Conducts analyses of network usage, user complaints, traffic interruptions, hardware and software capabilities, and other relevant factors. identify adverse trends, ineffective practices or procedures, equipment shortcomings, etc.
- Apply Information Technology (IT) expertise, including feasibility studies, technical evaluation, justification, acquisition/procurement, installation, implementation, management, and administration of IT systems. Work is performed in a complex IT network environment involving support to geographically dispersed sites and locations.
- Virtualize provided school house content for provisioning via the Training Network
- Create updates and comply with SOPs and other documentation (ex. Change and configuration management.)
- Keep up-to-date on IT news regarding networks and security.
- Implement systems and technologies for big data in accordance with best practices.
- Interface with Fort Gordon (FG) Network Enterprise Center (NEC) and other agencies.
- Create and user guides for software implementation
- Translate complex technical requirements into actionable and sustainable tasks.
- Compile reports ranging from a wide variety of topic areas related to existing and potential G6 IT projects, platforms and Systems.
- Create, conduct, and maintain training for units and staff on all G6 platforms, systems and theories.
- Attend meetings directly related to duties IAW PWS to gain insight and/or provide subject matter expert (SME) guidance. Take legible notes and be able to provide them upon request.
- Receive IA appointment orders from Chain of Command
- Be monitored in the Army Training and Certification Tracking System (ATCTS).
- Successfully complete Information Assurance Fundamentals online course and exam at .
- Complete Privileged Level Access Agreement (PLAA) annually.
- Transition architecture to 95% virtualized using available technologies, and operates across multiple data centers.
- Continuously engineer and improve Software Defined Data Center.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Have outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- Have strong VMware vSphere experience
- Have strong Windows desktop OS administration experience
- Have understanding of storage architectures, including peripheral interfaces (SCSI, RAID, Ethernet) and multi-processor designs (SMP)
- Have technical awareness of one or more additional VMware products: vCloud Suite, vRealize Suite, vRealize Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), Horizon View, VMware Virtual SAN (vSAN), or NSX
- Have Horizon View design and implementation experience in enterprise environments
- 10+ years of experience in information technology
- 5+ years of customer-facing professional services or IT consulting experience.
- 3+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience VMWare Virtualization administration experience Certifications Required: Baseline certification: IAT II certification; VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization 2019 or VMware Certified Professional Cloud Management and Automation 2019.
Citizenship and Clearance Requirements:
- Must be a Tier 3/NACLC/Secret