Data Protection Officer
Posted on Dec 27, 2020 by Morson International (IT)
Morson International are working with a global consultancy who are looking for a Data Protection Officer to join their team in Strasbourg. This is an initial 11 months contract.
No UK Nationals.
- Develop and implement the System Data Protection Policy, create 'best practice' guidance for data processors and detailed guides on data protection policies to be followed by the Contractor organisation team
- Provide advice and instructions on how to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Monitor data management procedures and compliance within the Contractor organisation
- Participate in meetings with managers to ensure privacy by design at all levels
- Maintain records of processing operations Process and respond to all requests for information, correction, or erasure by data subjects
- Ensure all queries from data subjects are addressed within legal timeframes (eg delete their information from relevant databases)
- Liaise with contractors of other systems that process data originating from or feeding to the System
- Perform audits and determine whether procedures need to be altered to comply with regulations
- Offer consultation on how to deal with privacy breaches
- Follow up with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure compliance
- Train and advise staff on the provisions of the Data Protection Act and GDPR compliance requirements and
- Identify and monitor the data processors whilst at work, ensuring that they deal with data in a manner consistent with the key data protection principles.
- Bachelor degree and minimum 6 years of professional experience as Data Protection Officer
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of GDPR and national data protection laws
- Experience in data protection and legal compliance
- Knowledge of data processing operations in the company's sector is preferable
- Familiarity with computer security systems
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ethical, with the ability to remain impartial and report all non-compliances
- Organisational skills with attention to detail
- Capacity in writing and presenting documents
- Excellent communication skills and
- Experience and willingness of working in an international/multicultural environment
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and we will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Paul from Morson for more information.