Middleware Messaging/MQ Engineer - Mainframe
Posted on Dec 27, 2020 by Church International Ltd.
Middleware Messaging/MQ Engineer (Mainframe)
With European boarders beginning to open we start to see more opportunities coming available with social distancing implemented and additional remote working.
We are current hiring a number of MQ Engineer(s) for our customer in Brussels.
In the context of the evolution of this infrastructure, we have several challenging projects and are looking for an experienced MQ system administrator to join and reinforce the team to:
- Maintain the current infrastructure
- Participate in projects using MQ technology
- Support the team for the follow-up of changes and incidents
- Security Management
- Process automation
Responsibilities and main tasks:
- Administration of the existing infra (manage Servers, queues managers)
- Create queue managers and queues
- Prepare, document, plan, organizes, execute, and validate changes
- Contribute to projects for the MQ part
- Follow-up incidents and participate to root cause analysis
- Participate to support of the infra
- Analyze possibilities to automates activities, propose solutions and implement it
- Broad knowledge of IBM MQ.
- Knowledge of MQ server and client setup and management.
- Knowledge and experience of automation and Scripting in MQ environments
- Recent successful proven experience(s) in similar/comparable environment
- Knowledge of MQ v9
- Knowledge and experience with high availability environments
- Knowledge of MQ on Mainframe + AIX/Linux and Windows (advantage)
- Knowledge of the Agile Way of Working
If you would like to be considered; do please update me on availability + attached updated profile.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the specified location.