Senior Backend Engineer
Posted on Dec 27, 2020 by NextLink Solutions
Latest start date: Asap
End date: 12 Months
Work location: Switzerland, Rotkreuz
iThemba is a mobile phone app that delivers HIV viral load directly to the patients for the South African market. It uses a cloud-hosted Back End to securely store the results and account information of the patients.
The iThemba system is comprised of:
- a patient-facing app (Android Kotlin).
- a set of cloud-hosted Back End services (c#, dotnet core, AWS) to store results, patient information, barcodes, etc,
- A basic Opscenter consisting of a simple website to allow the development team to carry out very basic troubleshooting tasks, like deleting a user, etc (Angular),
The Troubleshooting Tool is an extension of the basic Opscenter that will enable the first line of technical support teams to carry out their work. It's critical for the scalability of the iThemba rollout to:
- guarantee quality of service.
- handle the operational problems resulting from user errors and connectivity failures.
The iThemba system consists of an android app, a Back End and the to-be-built Troubleshooting Tool. The Back End is shared between the android app and the Troubleshooting Tool and stores all the data with regards to patients, results, users, etc. The android app does not store any information on the device for security reasons.
The Troubleshooting Tool shall use the very same Back End to allow the support personnel to search and fix data in the Back End of the live system.
*5+ years as a Backend engineer/Programming experience
*Experience with Cloud Architecture, Distributed Systems
*Ability to mentor and act as a knowledge base for fellow's team members
*5+ Years of experience with C#, .NET core experience, preferably with cloud deployment experience.
*Ability to collaborate with team members including Product Managers, Data Scientists, Designer, Engineers, and Test Engineers to solve complex business problems
*Experience with AWS