Senior Product Development Engineer
Posted on Dec 27, 2020 by Real Staffing Group
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage product development activity for customer projects (which may include multiple simultaneous projects) to ensure that customer requirements are defined, translated into product development specifications and ultimately delivered.
- Work closely with design and process development engineers to deliver user focused designs that are designed for manufacture when transferred to production.
- Lead and support the following product development activities:
- Concept development, Feasibility, Design Verification & Validation execution stages of new products or product enhancements
- Delivery of Mechanical Design solutions for early stage and end stage product development.
- Risk assessment, Risk Management as per ISO14971
- Prototyping and testing concept designs and initial engineering builds
- CAD development & tolerance stack up analysis - SolidWorks 3D CAD proficient in complex assemblies, surface modelling - 2d drawings
- Pilot production trials to assess concept feasibility & troubleshoot design risk.
- Development of Product Specification & Test Method Development and documentation of such in Product Input w/Output format.
- Design verification, including development of test protocols & conducting of testing as per ISO13485 & ideally ISO1055.
- Work with Design team to define & complete Product validation and usability testing
- Work with Quality team to complete Design Stage Gate reviews
- Work with Process Development team and Production teams to complete transfer to production and pre-production planning.
- Work with the PM to define, plan, track and report on Product Development projects; this should include use of Work Breakdown Structures, Project Plans, Costing etc.
- Lead development of project proposals outlining cost, schedule, risk etc. & liaise with customers to present and review proposals to secure project sale.
Education & Experience Required:
- Minimum 10 years' experience in product development for medical devices, ideally in highly regulated Class III devices.
- Experience in plastics joining processes an advantage - Laser weld, US weld etc.
- Experience in the characterization of plastics for FEA and in conducting or managing FEA an advantage.
- Experience in analysing current design solutions and optimising materials, selection and process improvement.
- Demonstrated understanding of various types of manufacturing, mechanisms, materials, tolerance-analysis and design-for-manufacturing is required.
- Mechanical Design experience required.
If you think the position in Galway is the step in the right direction for you and have experience in a similar role, don't hesitate in applying.
Forward me on an up to date CV and we can organise a time to have a chat. I look forward to hearing from you
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales