Manager Disaster Recovery/BC
Posted on Dec 26, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Manage BC/DR Manager
Candidate will be willing to work in both locations: downtown Chicago and Lake Forest 1-2 days at a time.
You will manage 3 people in BC/DR. The emphasis is on Disaster Recovery along with some Business Continuity. You will focus on making sure all areas of the company are updated in their Disaster Recovery plans and are following and BCM training. Looking for more of an up and comer with great soft skills and can be an influencer.
- Manage the Business Continuity Management Program
- Responsible for assessing organizational risk and recommending appropriate BC/DR strategies via a Business Impact Assessment to ensure compliance with business objectives and regulations.
- Manage testing and training exercises for all Grainger entities as defined by Executive Leadership.
- Responsible for the governance, availability and accuracy of BC/DR plans and documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring BC/DR plans are updated and improved to meet Grainger's needs and validate those plan changes with live tests and tabletop exercises with various areas of the global business, and are based on relevant Business Impact Assessments (BIAs)
- Responsible for the management of the Emergency Notification System (ENS).
- Principal Duties Responsible for all BCM training programs & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all BCM training programs including Business Impact Analysis, Business Continuity (BCP) Plans/Testing, Disaster Recovery (DR) Plans/Testing, Emergency Notification Systems (EMS), and the coordination of the Business Continuity Coordinators (BCC) network.
- Work with Leaders to ensure an understanding of risk areas and the importance of BC/DR planning.
- Responsible for BC/DR Internal Audit and regulatory compliance obligations.
- Present to leadership findings and results of risk analysis, tests and assessments.
- Work with global business unit leadership to establish programs within their organizations to facilitate the assessment, planning and testing of BC/DR efforts.
- for all WWG departments and locations documenting any gaps discovered and facilitating closure.
- Responsible for BC/DR support and oversight for the WWG key locations.
- Leads periodic call notification tests with all departments, including C-level executives.
- Effectively manage a budget that meets the goals and objectives of the BC/DR function as required by the business.
- Serve as the executive advisor for all BC/DR functions and deliverables.
- Manage a team and associated consultants in their duties to deliver BC/DR capabilities (lead/supervise/manage 2-5 employees).
- 7 - 10 years of experience in related field preferred.
- College degree or equivalent with emphasis on Computer Science courses.
- Candidate should have experience Managing Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery efforts and programs in fortune 500 size companies.
- Requires great inter-personal, executive communications and budget planning and management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Project, etc.).
- Expert level of project and program management.
- Certified as Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) from the Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII) is a plus.