Senior Apigee Platform Engineer - REMOTE
Posted on Dec 26, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Senior Apigee Platform Infrastructure Engineer/Design
- Lead the installation of Apigee on-prem in partnership with Architecture and the Cloud Engineering teams
- Lead the design and implementation of API Gateway solutions
- Design, build, maintain and support the Apigee infrastructure
- Lead analytical and consulting working sessions to solve technical problems faced by the application teams trying to onboard to Apigee and/or the CA API Gateway
- Lead DR (Disaster Recovery) exercises to ensure that the team are fully prepared in the event of a catastrophe
- Lead Capacity Planning and Management activities to ensure that the Apigee platform will be able to handle additional transactions in the future
- Help troubleshoot and resolve production issues related to the Apigee platform and the CA API Gateway.
- Lead root cause analysis session to understand what causes particular issues in Production and come up with solutions that will prevent them from happening in the future
- Lead and partner with other engineers on the team to ensure documentation is created and remain updated
- Partner with Architecture to come up with the standard and best practices for the usage of Apigee as an enterprise product
- Build relationship with the client application teams to understand their business needs and requirements for the Apigee Platform and coach them on how to use the platform to the full extent.
- Mentor Junior Engineers to acquire Apigee knowledge and more experiences
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Strong troubleshooting skills in the API Management and Gateway space (Mainly Apigee).
- Apigee and/or CA API Gateway Knowledge - Infrastructure build and maintenance, Gateway setup, Oauth configuration
- Knowledge on Policy creation/Template development and operational support within Apigee and/or CA API Gateway.
- Basic knowledge of Cloud Architecture, Cloud Security; Cloud platforms (Ideally AWS)
- Infrastructure automation in AWS
- Good knowledge of Ansible
- Ability to write groovy scripts
- Strong understanding of UNIX operating systems and Shell Scripting
- Experience with CICD Tools (Jenkins, GitHub)
- Good understanding of REST API and JSON
- Knowledge of existing API Testing Tools (Postman, SoapUI, or any equivalent tools)
- Experience with high availability, load balancing and failover configurations with Apigee
- Experience in designing and implementing API platform for high traffic API solutions
- Ability to apply security, throttling, OAuth 2.0, TLS, certificates, KeyStore, and Trust store for the Apigee platform
- Experience with Apigee Management APIs and integration to the enterprise systems including Infrastructure & Application monitoring, Approval, Authorization and Authentication, Logging, and Continuous integration/Continuous Deploy (CI/CD), and Developer Portal, etc.
- Have previously worked on an enterprise platform team that supports multiple Software Development product teams.
- 5 years of experience supporting Apigee as a Platform
- Basic knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Basic understanding of Cassandra and Zookeeper
- Basic understanding of Python scripts and be able to update them if needed
- 4 Years of experiences with Ansible
- 5 Years of experience with Groovy scripts
- Great team player and open to collaborate with others across the Company
- Highly engaged and motivated
- Great leadership and communication skills
- Willing to go the extra miles to get things done
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Development experiences with Apigee Edge
- Experience with various cloud products: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Product (GCP), PCF etc.
- Knowledge of Systems and Networking - TCP and IP, Switching, Routing, Firewalls, Load Balancing