BusinessPro Sales Engineer
Posted on Dec 26, 2020 by MCTV
BUSINESSPRO SALES ENGINEER
Reports to: Sales and Marketing Director
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm with additional hours as needed.
Compensation: Based on experience and qualifications
Posting Period: through December 28, 2020
Responsible for technical support coordination, installation, troubleshooting and collaboration on major business accounts. Act as a liaison between the business sales team and the technical operations teams including but not limited to the network operations, construction, installation, and phone department to build, coordinate, install and schedule customer needs.
This position is responsible for all commercial account processes, including but not limited to technical building, planning and scheduling of installations on new business accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
In this role, the BusinessPro Sales Engineer has primary responsibility to:
- Analyze and identify technical needs for prospective clients to help the BusinessPro Sales team prepare technical, customized quotes with integrated MCTV BusinessPro solutions. This may include preparation of network topologies, network drawings, technical specifications and assisting with the development of pricing requests.
- Participate in strategic and tactical account planning to assist Account Executives on complicated network needs for prospective clients.
- Manage the installation process internally and externally from initiation to completion by coordinating timelines with client; client's IT or telephone vendors; and MCTV technical departments, including installation of network equipment and wiring.
- Conduct follow up via telephone, email and visits with new customers who may have had complex installations to ensure everything is running well post-installation.
- Act as the liaison between the business sales department and operations departments.
- Builds relationships with customers serving as the technical liaison from pre-sales to post-sales.
- Respond to customer technical inquiries and questions via email and telephone.
- Ongoing education of technology trends in the field of telecommunications.
- Provide follow-up training when necessary for customers about both products/services and relevant industry news.
- Track operation updates (ie planned outages or updates, service updates, etc.) that may impact commercial subscribers/accounts and develop communication and implement communication for notifications.
- Provide input on technical aspects of all marketing materials for BusinessPro services.
The BusinessPro Sales Engineer must successfully utilize the following tools/equipment in order to complete their
- Maintain dexterity, vision and coordination, sufficient to perform essential functions.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, 6-8 hours/day.
- Ability to bend, lift and carry files, boxes or other objects up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to mount and configure network components and wiring.
- Must have a valid driver's license and successfully complete background check and drug test.
- Bachelor's degree in network engineering, computer science or a related field is preferred; or equivalent training, education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in technical engineering/cable/telecommunications preferred.
- Knowledge in IP routing and switching including various routing protocols; Internet and MPLS-VPN architecture;
Voice and VoIP technologies and products; and Ethernet technologies and products.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a team
- Experience with Cisco, Adtran and Plume (WiFi mesh product) Switches and Routers or equivalent brands.
- Experience with Metaswitch and Mitel telephone equipment or equivalent brands.
- Certification with various network vendors including Cisco or equivalent experience.
- Must have strong customer service skills and be committed to providing quality service and technical support
internally and externally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook and Visio
- Working knowledge of CRM software
- Ability to understand technical details and convert them into simple language that is easy to understand.
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and industry needs.
- Team player who is willing to perform additional tasks as needed.
- Must be willing to travel; primarily local during and after the business day as needed.
MCTV recognizes and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce, and strives to provide a culture that
recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees. MCTV requires a drug test, background check,
employment and education verification as conditions of employment. MCTV is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran
status, and the presence of a non- job related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates may send cover letter and resume to (see below) (please include job title in
your email), or to the following address:
PO Box 1000
Massillon, Ohio 44