AS400 Developer/Analyst - Belgium 6Mth Rolling Contract
Posted on Dec 26, 2020 by Apollo Solutions Ltd
I am in partnership with my Global Engineering client is looking for an AS400 Developer/Analyst in Belgium to join their Infrastructure team on a 6-Month+ Rolling Contract.
You will develop, test, and support programs within the context of daily maintenance and projects. Once deployed, you continue to maintain and support applications (BAU) to ensure their optimal functioning.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- You will be involved in the development and enhancement of applications on iSeries, in accordance with SDLC methodology, and industry best practices.
- Convert business functional specification to technical low level/high-level design.
- Write or modify RPGILE, CLLE programs in an accepted standard ie structured and using the latest versions of RPG.
- Document technical information relating to a program/solution.
- Adherence to the specification testing and interaction with involved users to confirm all possible conditions have been met.
- Assist where necessary the daily operations of the Wynne system.
- Assist the standby for daily and monthly routine procedures.
- Assist on the Service Desk support requests.
- Over time you play a key role in (technically) supporting the rolled-out Wynne regions.
- Minimum 4 years experience of hands-on AS400 platform
- ERP knowledge and experience are considered a strong plus.
- Experience in different business processes is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of CL and RPG/ILE programming languages is a must.
- Experience in integration with MQ Series-like technology.
- Experience with integration and interfacing between ERP and other applications (Web Services, XML).
- Experience with (RPG Embedded) SQL.
- Must understand and develop efficient designs.
- Excellent knowledge of English is essential.
- Understanding of and experience with software application life cycle management and related processes.
If you are interested in this exciting AS400 Developer/Analyst in Belgium on a 6-Month rolling Contract, please send your CV ASAP for consideration. Only local applicants and those willing to relocate need apply.