Senior Automation Engineer (Manufacturing)
Posted on Dec 25, 2020 by IDC Technologies Solutions Ltd
- Support design, buy-off, installation and validation of automated production lines.
- Process Characterization/Optimization (DFMEA's, PFMEA's DOE's etc.).
- Testing of control panels and automation systems including FAT and SAT
- Lead systematic technical root cause investigations.
- Support production line ramp to achieve mature production targets.
- Drive continuous improvement projects.
- Manage assigned project budgets; liaise with Customers, contractors as required.
- Support technical training.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
The ideal candidate will have
- 3-6 years' experience in a manufacturing environment (high volume automated assembly experience would be an advantage as would medical device manufacturing experience).
- Travel as necessary to support equipment buy-offs and training at vendor/customer sites.
- Level 7 bachelor's degree in one of the following Software/Automation/Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronic Engineering.
- PLC Programming/Debugging
- Previous experience with PLC bus systems (Profinet/Profibus/CAN bus/Modbus etc, working with Allen Bradley, Siemens, ABB)
- PC Hardware/Programming (Visual Basic, vision system, etc)
- Vision Systems development (preferably Cognex Vision systems)
- Experience and good understanding of IP industrial networking and system communications.
- SCADA systems application/development
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organization, communication, computer and presentation skills
- Systematic troubleshooting skills
- Strong leadership of technical issue resolution
- Lean Six Sigma skills an advantage
- Provide innovative solutions to complex problems
- Good data analysis skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project
- CAD experience desirable.