Senior Insider Threat Engineer/REMOTE
Posted on Dec 25, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Senior Insider Threat Engineer. Candidate will be responsible for understanding the Insider Threat landscape and applying solutions to address these risks.
- Ability to prioritize data of anomalous events collected by UBA, UAM, DLP, log ingestion technologies and other tools to classify trends or uncover abnormalities of potential Insider threat activities.
- Performs independent assessments, ensuring that the processes and systems will be effective and functional.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of procedures of malicious Insider threat activity, ie, fraud, theft, sabotage, espionage, etc.
- Performs independent technical assessments, ensuring that the processes, procedures, and designs of the Insider Threat systems will be effective, functional and secure with the ability to deter, detect, and mitigate insider threats.
- Provides systems engineering, security engineering, programmatic integration, technical assessments, and expert assistance on solutions to enable Insider Threat Program. management, implementation, operations, and coordination.
- Evaluates and applies government insider threat (e. g. NITTF) policies and instructions.
- Performs mentoring and guidance on insider threat, compliance, systems engineering, legal, privacy, threat management, and information assurance methodologies/techniques.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams of program office, counterintelligence, legal, privacy, human resources, cyber, personnel security, and adjudicative/investigative functions to perform independent verification and validation analysis.
- Prepares reports, presentations, research, and other contract deliverables related to insider threat program assurance analysis performed.
- Expert-level understanding of Insider Threat detection, network security and traffic analysis, hunting for malicious activity and initiating response actions.
- Demonstrable experience with Insider Threat detection technologies and tools such as UBA, UAM, DLP, etc.
- Experience with Social Intel or open source Intel for Insider Threat detection.
- Demonstrable Threat hunting experience
- Demonstrable Incident Response Workflow experience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher education
- 8+ years of experience as a Insider Threat Engineer with a Bachelors degree in Systems Engineering, Information Systems, Business Process Engineering or other technical or behavioral degree related to the critical thinking disciplines of Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement, and Compliance.
- Insider Threat Program formulation.
- Testing and implementing Insider Threat systems rules and policies.
- Performing risk assessments, vulnerability and threat assessments.
- Performing independent evaluation and assessments on new Insider Threat systems.
- Writing insider threat systems administration and management plans and all associated implementation plan documentation.