Security Specialist, Basel
Posted on Dec 25, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
Our client, an International Financial Institution based in Basel who is currently on an exciting growth curve are seeking a Security Specialist to support the team with change approval, design reviews and risk assessments, contribute to the operations of information security processes, technology, and capabilities. This will be a 3 months contract role to be based at their Basel site.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the coordination of the operations of vulnerability testing, including follow-up.
- Assist with application security program and support software developers in embedding security into the development life cycle. Support the maturing of the penetration testing strategy and support in scoping and engagement with third parties
- Review and advise on the security measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the company's information assets and critical services. Contribute to reviews of the assessment methodology
- Contribute to the implementation of industry-recognised key critical controls and contribute to Corporate Security compliance mandate
- Support the team on technical security projects to develop and enhance the security policies and procedures. Participate in the gathering and analysis of information from security-related sources
- Support the team with the change management review and approval process
The successful incumbent will possess:
- Strong understanding of IT infrastructure and application architecture, including cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure)
- Familiar with industry-recognised key critical controls (eg CIS, OWASP, SANS, etc )
- Demonstrated security skills in the area of application security, penetration testing and cloud technology
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- Good understanding of mobile related technologies, virtualisation, containers, as well as cloud security
- Experience with documenting and communicating results that may be consumed by both developers and management-level audiences
- Strong analytical capabilities and data-analysis skills
- Certification in security-related disciplines and technologies would be an advantage (accreditation such as CISSP or CISA).
- Fluency in English
Experience with some of the following:
- Next Generation Firewalls
- Automation: Python/Powershell
- TFS, SharePoint, DevOps
- Exploit frameworks
- Vulnerability scanners
- Azure Security Centre
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.