Consulting Engineer- Telco (French Speaking)
Posted on Dec 24, 2020 by Flint Consulting Limited
The Consultant Engineer will help customers design, deploy, integrate, test and support their BroadWorks based VoIP/UC/Collaboration/FMC solutions. The Consultant will also be supporting customers with consulting and on-the-job training engagements. It is primarily a customer-facing job to be performed both onsite and remotely depending on the need.
Your main duties and responsibilities:
You will gather customer requirements in order to understand their needs and facilitate their goals. For example, by attending or leading several onsite design workshops to gather and document all the solution design requirements and use that as input for creating a BroadWorks-based HLD and LLD.
You will support customers with configuration and end-to-end integration of BroadWorks Servers and clients with the rest of the solution components (OSS/BSS, IMS Core, SBC, Gateways, CPE, Mobile networks, etc.).
You will support customers building and/or executing integration and acceptance test plans to validate the deployed solution end to end.
You will provide Day2 support services to our customers (patching or upgrading BroadWorks platform, troubleshooting issues, raising TAC tickets, supporting and optimizing operations and maintenance of BroadWorks, performing configuration/performance/security audits, etc)
You will work closely and in a collaborative manner with Cisco account teams and Professional Services colleagues (project managers and other consultants/engineers).
Who You Are
The minimum/ideal qualifications required to successfully perform the job are:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant technical field/engineering
- Specialized Technical Knowledge or Skills
- Expert level of VoIP technologies/protocols (SIP, SDP, RTP)
- Strong knowledge and experience with SIP-based application Servers, clients/devices and features (eg PBX or Centrex features, UC)
- Ideally, working knowledge of SBCs, IMS architecture, and Mobile network (Legacy, MMTEL, VoLTE)
- Strong IP Networking experience (routing, IP Addressing, DNS, Firewalls)
- Strong Unix/Linux knowledge (advanced user or sysadmin level)
- Sufficient Shell script, Perl, XML or another programming capability
- Strong team player
- Excellent consulting, communications and presentation skills
- Excellent written and documentation skills
- Ability to work independently, remotely or onsite, defining and prioritizing tasks, and identifying necessary resources for success
- Attention to detail and project management
- Fluent English and experience with working with international customers/colleagues
- Minimum of 3 years designing, integrating and/or supporting VoIP networks
- Experience with BroadWorks obviously a plus