Big/IoT Data & Analytics Platform Architect - Datamodelling
Posted on Dec 24, 2020 by Apollo Solutions Ltd
Data & Analytics Platform Architect is required by professional services client of mine to join their business in Antwerp - Belgium. This is a 12 - months position and is offering between Eur600 - Eur700/day.
In this role you will work in close collaboration with the Data & Analytics Platform Owner, Data Engineers, the Team leader Data Excellence, etc. It is your mission to build and maintain a consistent, scalable and future proof data platform architecture. In a first step you will support the implementation of projects against our defined vision.
- Take responsibility for building and maintaining a modern, coherent cloud platform that can handle an everchanging technology landscape
- Implement and nurture a DevOps culture:
- Design and develop the framework and toolset to operate the platform (such as a security framework, data pipeline orchestrator, monitoring tools, )
- Provide development -testing - and documentation procedures that ensure interoperability and quality of the data products deployed on the platform and technical quality assurance
- Take responsible for platform performance, monitoring & scaling (incl. cost optimization activities)
- Provide technology and platform expertise to developers, project managers and data asset owners in the organization
- Plan and execute upgrades and releases on the platform
- Minimum 5 years' experience as technical architect in an enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of business intelligence, data warehouse concepts and data modelling
- Strong, in-depth and demonstrable hands-on experience with cloud-based data platforms, preferably based on MS Azure technology: Azure Storage, Azure SQL database, Azure data factory, Databricks, Azure Analysis services, Azure Functions, Azure Synapse and Power BI
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL design patterns
- Experience with SAP BW is a strong asset
- Knowledge of deployment orchestration and configuration management tools
- University master's degree in computer science, engineering or equal through experience
- Dutch and/or English Essential
Areas of expertise:
- Storage: Best of breed (Cloud) storage solutions, both for unstructured and structured data.
- Ingestion: Streaming and batch ingestion from source systems both in the cloud and on-premise, private and public.
- Transformation: Code-first big-data ELT vs. classic ETL
- Analytic engines: Deploy, configure and operationalize analytics engines and its clustered infrastructure
- Exposure/Integration: Expose data based on consumption use-cases like data science, (self-service) business analytics/intelligence and operational API's
- Data platform cross-cutting concerns: Security, health, logging, (quality) monitoring, debugging, automation, orchestration
If you are interested in the opportunity to join an exciting and market-leading organisation that will progress your career, then please apply for this role ASAP.