Linux Server Engineer
Posted on Dec 24, 2020 by Stamford Consultants AG
Our client in Basel is looking for a candidate for the position as Linux Server Engineer.
Start date: 01.02.2021/01.03.2021
Contract duration: initially 6 months + extensions (and up to 5 years)
Seniority: 5+ years of experience
- Ensure best practice implementation of core server and infrastructure application technologies
- Responsible for providing a stable infrastructure, network, database and infrastructure application environment for a range of applications
- Ensure the maintenance and operations of the corporate backup platform
- Lead (tests, coordinates and implements) changes related to new releases or design changes to the environment, in cooperation with other internal teams and external service providers
- Provide On Call support on a weekly basis
- Experience with administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- Systems management and provisioning using Red Hat Satellite 6 and Capsules
- Strong knowledge in automation (Ansible and Ansible Tower)
- Configuration management using Puppet
- Systems monitoring (ideally Nagios and Prometheus)
- Experience with Red Hat Identity Management
- Experience with Scripting (ideally Python and Perl)
- Nice to have: knowledge in container technology and container orchestrator such as OpenShift
Are you available and interested in this opportunity? I am looking forward to your applications on (see below)
TEKsystems, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Aeschengraben 20, CH-4051 Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to our website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.