Posted on Dec 23, 2020 by Kent Adhesive Products Company
Kent Adhesive Products Company (KAPCO) is a growing manufacturing company in Kent, Ohio.
Kapco is a custom coater and converter of flexible pressure-sensitive materials. Founded in 1974 in Kent, Ohio, KAPCO is an innovative business that continues to define higher standards for adhesive applications. All of the company's operations are located in a modern 120,000-square-foot facility.
We are currently seeking a Quality Manager to contribute to our growth. Potential candidates must have a good work ethic, be a team player and exhibit a positive attitude.
The Quality Manager will lead all quality functions at Kapco with the goal of achieving all company objectives related to product specifications and function. This position will be responsible for maintaining up-to-date quality documentation and will update the quality manual when appropriate. This Quality Manager will act as the ISO Management Representative for Kapco and ensure conformance to all applicable ISO standards. The Quality Manager will perform all training and internal audits as it relates to ISO Standards and will be the internal resource responsible for leading the company though any external audits related to the ISO Certification of Kapco. This position will maintain all information required to provide EPA, Safety and Right-to-Know documentation to the appropriate agencies and internal company departments. The Quality Manager will manage and train all Quality Technicians and will support the manufacturing areas of the plant.
- Monitoring the production line and doing periodic Quality Control checks
- Implementing improvements to production processes that lead to overall increases in product quality
- Working together with project leaders to discuss solutions to quality issues
- Satisfying customer expectations about the product's quality
- Writing reports on design, pre-production, and production to check on the quality status of the product at all stages of production and inform the rest of the production team
- Complying with ISO accreditation requirements
- Auditing materials provided by suppliers to assure quality before incorporation into the product
- Assessing the product's quality by testing for a range of features and seeing how the product performs under stresses like impact, temperature, humidity, etc.
- Investigating causes of quality problems and proposing solutions
- Training new Quality Control employees
- Utilizing extensive knowledge of the product's inner workings to diagnose problems
- Continuing education on newly developing Quality Control techniques
- 4-year degree in Engineering, Business or Related field
- 5-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Or a combination of education and experience
- Effective written and oral communication
- Detail Oriented and organized
We offer very comprehensive compensation that includes health, life, long term disability, 401K and vacation
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.