Senior C++ Options Front Office Developer - London
Posted on Dec 23, 2020 by Brookwood
London, United Kingdom
Senior C++ Developer - Options FX - Front Office
Brookwood is currently seeking a Senior C++ Developer on behalf of a well-established organisation based in London.
We are seeking an experienced Senior C++ Developer with an excellent attitude, who is driven and has great focus. Previous experience within Front Office/Trading is essential... the ideal candidate will have experience of Options
- The C++ developer role plays a critical part in the development of the Options platform and will be working with colleagues based in London and Singapore.
- The Options team is responsible for developing and testing enhancements to our platform in line with business requirements request by globally distributed Options Trading Desks that cover FX Options, Structured Products and Rates Options business lines and also our Sales teams.
- This role is required to enhance the platform as part of a series of ambitious strategic growth initiatives for the Options business lines for the platform. This is a part of a significant re-platforming effort to move the platform to a new grid compute-based Back End using the latest internally developed quantitative libraries.
- Work closely with Front Office Traders to understand new Trading requirements, provide demos of ongoing deliverables for feedback during the product development Lifecyle.
- Work closely with Sales and Traders to understand new Client requirements and provide the ability to develop and deliver those solutions.
- Work closely with BAs and PMs, technical leads, QA testers and Quantitative Developers, to design, develop and deliver solutions.
- Document new requirements in JIRA and progress them as deliverables within the team.
- Proactively participate in the wider FX technical community on strategic platform enhancement initiatives, becoming an active participant in technical discussion meetings across multiple projects in the wider team as part of regular ongoing technical forums.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- The role will require interaction with both senior Front Office Trading and Sales stakeholders at the Director and Managing Director level across multiple regions.
- The candidate must be able to effectively understand requirements from their stakeholders and be able to proactively participate in ongoing product enhancement discussions with their stakeholders and provide informed inputs to help shape and evolve those discussions.
- The role will require interaction with senior IT based Director and Managing Director level leadership functions for discussions on the project, the product, ongoing
- Excellent C++ 14 and above, programming skills with strong knowledge of STL and Boost.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working with Quantitative Libraries on derivative based financial products.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of developing low-latency trading systems.
- Extensive knowledge of multi-threading development and performance tuning techniques.
- Experience of Curve Construction
- Experience of C++ unit testing practices, ideally GTest.
- Good knowledge of standard development and build tools, eg GIT, TeamCity etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to work in a globally distribution team of both colleagues and business stakeholders.
- A team player who takes initiative and can influence the development of the system and take end to end ownership of deliverables to our stakeholders.