Data Modeller (Data Modeler) & DBA Admin - Remote Working - 6 Months
Posted on Dec 22, 2020 by iBSC
Title: Data Modeller (Data Modeler) & DBA Admin
Location: Brussels - (Due to Covid lockdown, this project will be done 100% remote until further notice and then 1 week onsite and 2 weeks remote after covid)
Duration: 6 months Rolling
Establishing and deploying Standard & guidelines
- Set out rules and guidelines and standards and/or continuously improve the existing ones to be applied throughout the whole Data Hub team. Coach and assist the BI analysts and their customers in the usage of these S&G.
- Implementation, improvement and steering on Data Governance within Data-Hub teams:
- Keep Data Definitions and descriptions (eg EDM, Data Dictionaries)
- Control the source, transformation, consumption and sharing of data in prod and non-prod
DATA UNDER GOVERNANCE (eg Data Quality, Data Integrity)
- Active Participation in the CoP (Community of Practices)
Assess Quality of Data Models
- Review and ensure the correct application of the rules/guidelines/standards/templates by the Business Intelligence team as well as their third party suppliers . This involves close collaboration with data architects, as well as detailed knowledge of and strict adherence to BNP Paribas Fortis standards.
- Monitor and report to the application responsible and management on a regular basis about the Datamodelling activity and KYD culture.
- Ensure the right amount of metadata is documented about the actual data and then make this metadata available to customers. Make model documentation available bank wide.
- Keep the model aligned with the Architect vision
- Work with application responsible and subject matter experts to safeguard and maintain the quality and security of the detailed data models.
- Follow the guidelines defined by the Data Manager College
Create awareness on Datamodelling
- Promote modelling techniques that makes sense
- Make some technical recommendation for physical implementation
- Training sessions for analysts
- Provide daily assistance
Act as a DBA in the Non-Prod environment
- Support the technical teams in the preparation, in the validation and in the execution of the Oracle scripts in the NON-PROD environment. Define, describe and distribute best practices amongst the technical teams. Also support the technical teams in optimizing performance on existing databases.
Technical Experience Mandatory
- Knowledge of DWH Datamodelling (ie Kimball or Inman)
- Be able to use modelling tools like PowerDesigner, IBM InfoSphere Data Architect or any other tool on the market.
- Databases: SQL server and DB2
- Experience in Datamodelling, the logical and physical data models and databases
- Experience in translating customer/functional needs into data design.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology and project management
- Experience in banking sector